Author Topic: Sexp Proposal  (Read 10628 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I know this is some bumping, but I thought I should post it here rather than in Taylor's thread in the "Releases" sub-forum.  The thought came up while I was trying to expand my suggestion of sexp controls to restrict or open up a cap-ships' turrets' ability to shoot at asteroids.  I was working up an example of how the sexps would be useful, but ended up doing something a bit broader, so I aborted my example and came here.  Right now, we don't have a sexp to tell the turrets of a ship to ignore a target, however there exists a bug which indicates that this should be possible.  I noticed even in retail, that if you give the "ignore my target" command, cap-ships will follow your command too, prompting the occasional extra cap-ship kill for me.  If this could be coded into a series of sexps, this is what I'd like to see:

ai-turret-ignore
Tells all turrets on the specified ship to ignore a target ship, wing, or even asteroids (this would mean ALL asteroids), or a number of these within the same instance of the sexp.  Use to toggle off the effect without requiring clear-goals, though this will do the trick as well.

Use:

When
-true
-add-goal
--GTD Bastion
--ai-turret-ignore
---HoLC Ramses

or

when
-true
-add-goal
--GTD Bastion
--ai-turret-ignore
---

to disable.

Also, of similar use is ai-turret-ignore-all-but to focus on specific wings, ships or on asteroids.

What is the feasability of this?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Split and moved.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Or...

AI-fire-weapon