Author Topic: weapon models  (Read 34233 times)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Threads split for great justice. No more discussion of reactionary sounds, please. :p
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
MAHAHAHAHAHH!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Stopit, damnit!  

Raa, I know you know what you're doing but Cobra you're treading in dangerous waters.  Keep the spam out of the SCP subforums.  There's a reason only mods can start new threads in these things.  Anywhere else, fine.  But leave the dev thread alone.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
That was actually going to be my only reply to the whole issue. I am more than willing to drop it. :)

I honestly never expected so much to come of my 'noticing' his word usage.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
and here is the more recent build from the other thread
http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater/fs2_open_r_wm.zip
I would have gotten more done, but I'v had school and my back has been totaly fûcked the last few days.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
It's shame I do not have much time to test this, but I'll do what I can.

Edit: No sound. I can't hear anything. But my PC is acting strange ATM, but the sound works in other aplications.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 01:58:28 pm by 1688 »
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Descenter

• Gamers Rule, but so do Thoes Who Make Them
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'll try to help out too if i can.  Got four days on my hand for this weekend, at least till Tuesday, so I'll test it until then.
"War is like playing a game of chess.  You move units on a field, and stratiegically try to weaken the opposing force, a sort of... elequent ballet.  Sure you might lose a few units,.... but, at times, it all part of the plan..."

"Most of the human race really don't give a damn.  Well I do, and I try to do something about it by giving a damn."

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Same here. I'm almost an expert in using modelview. I'm da master at firing points, view points, etc. I JUST WANT THE OPTION TO ADD THRUSTERS. then i would be happy with it :)

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Originally posted by DaBrain
Edit: No sound. I can't hear anything. But my PC is acting strange ATM, but the sound works in other aplications.

I tried an other build and it worked.

Now that I've restarted the PC and switched back to your build it works again. So I guess my system was causing this bug.
(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
good, I had no idea were to start looking with that.
does anyone have more information on the startup locking? I'm not able to replicate it, try starting with a retail data set.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
the only time i get a crash/lockup is when i use a ship based gatling weapon.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
maybe you're using something that is invalid.

[EDIT] Directed to Nuke.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 08:16:16 pm by 2299 »

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Originally posted by Cobra
Same here. I'm almost an expert in using modelview. I'm da master at firing points, view points, etc. I JUST WANT THE OPTION TO ADD THRUSTERS. then i would be happy with it :)

I just put them in at 0,0,0 with PCS and then fiddle with them in Modelview ;)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
3 years and I didn't figure that out....

(hits self repeatedly with a frozen trout) "Me Culpa" x 20...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:lol: shadowwolf_ih was helping me out with da PCS.

Offline Raptor

Just as a point of infomation, I did hi-poly versions of the Hornet, the Trebuchet, and two Shivan Missiles (hornet and treb counterparts).  I mapped+textured both the Hornet and the Treb, then passed the whole lot to Lighty.

This development might get me to finish off that project, and get those bombs done.  They were the main reason I started doing hi-poly warheads.
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
ok I have updated this build the gatling gun code should be working in it now. I would like all of you to notice that I have made a feature or two specificly for nuke here becase he has been very helpfull by testing my code all of you who want shaders could learn a thing or two from this.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
I had no problems with the last build, butI'm moving to the new one now.
(hosted by Game-Warden)