Author Topic: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging  (Read 100229 times)

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Re: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging
Please don't make me blush.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline CT27

Can I make another suggestion to add on to the to-do list?

I would suggest the campaigns "Incursion" and "Return To Sol".   "Incursion" is the first part and "Return To Sol" is the sequel.  I believe if you download the file on Knossos it should have the option in the campaign room to play the two as one big campaign "Incursion + Return To Sol". 

I'm not 100% sure of the timeline year of the two, however I know they take place after FS2.  One commenter somewhere said Incursion starts in 2376 and Return To Sol shortly after that...so in absence of more concrete info I'll go with that.

Do you think this would be possible?

Offline redmagejoe

• Rage Mage of Ill Fated Gaming
    • Steam
I went back to the last stream to check the suggestions made at the end of the stream for what else to play, and they were Reunion and New Path. Coupled with Incursion & Return to Sol, can anyone vouch for the quality or give me info on how they fit into the timeline? Are these all things that should be squeezed into my list in the "FreeSpace Continuity" or do any of them fit better in the second list?

I'm still not sure if I determined if Bem Cavalgar should be a part of list 1 or list 2. I may have determined the gameplay was significantly different enough to justify list 2, but I can't recall.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Available for Voice Acting work!
Email me: [email protected]
Steam me: redmagejoe

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Also, is anyone else getting a weapons.tbl error from Frontlines 2334? Suffice to say, I won't be able to play it when we get to that point in the playlist unless I figure out some sort of workaround.

EDIT: Oof, upon further investigation, it looks like a few of my mods are throwing errors. I'm going to go ahead and upload some debug logs, and maybe people can help me figure out what's going on. For now, I guess I'll test the mods in order I'll be playing them and make sure I've at least got my priority mods working. Memories of the Great War launches and plays with no problems. Same with Deneb III. Ran into a similar issue switching to Echo Gate on Shivans, though. Phantoms loads fine.

Shivans, Echo Gate: https://fsnebula.org/log/61131066b15aef1dcc95ce56
Shrouding the Light: https://fsnebula.org/log/6113119da0b4895db795ce56
Destiny of Peace: https://fsnebula.org/log/611319689831a2e18495ce5a
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 07:27:41 pm by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
The stuff_int_list errors in Shivans and Peace were I believe a once non-fatal error that became briefly fatal but was returned to the old behavior later. If I'm interperting the changelogs right nightlies after june 20th might be able to deal with that.

The other is similar, there's a real error in the table that used to be ignored and is now picked up, I don't know if that was relaxed again at some point or not.

The 21.4-RC1 might be worth trying, rather than trying to hunt out a good nightly, but for stream stability I could understand if both are unappealing.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 08:10:19 pm by EatThePath »
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Yeah, stream stability is definitely important. If there's a patchwork fix I could apply that would be ideal, but I'm sure it's not that simple. Also I haven't tested the full list, but I took a breather there because I have work tasks on my plate and everything else was far enough down the timeline I could tackle it later.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
Well, I can confirm that 21.4 RC1 does launch Shivans without complaint, Destiny should be good too. I'll try to grab Shrouding too and see if it works.
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
Shrouding the light is still broken on RC1, was afraid of that. Someone will have to go in and fix the broken number. It gives file and line number helpfully enough though.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Oh ****, does Between the Ashes also give Operation Templar a touch-up?

EDIT: Everything else fixed, ignore previous claims of bugginess.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 01:41:23 pm by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Stampin' time.

Hidden Text: Show
0:00:00 - Pre-Stream Banter
0:15:53 - Mission #25: The GTI Shadow
0:28:37 - Mission #26: Shadows (Why do we still here? Just to suffer?)
0:42:43 - Alpha? ALPHA?
1:09:46 - "I'm outta here."
1:13:12 - Mission #27: Cutting the Supply Line
1:53:37 - Mission #28: Surprise (Highlight Reel: The Mission)
2:09:57 - Mission #29: Survivors
2:33:13 - Mission #30: Virginia's Run
2:41:34 - Mission #31: Supplies, Supplies!
3:11:20 - Post-Stream Banter

Man, I was crying of laughter again when I got to the Typhon part while time stamping the video. Literally "Dick Kickem" levels of gut laugh.  :wakka:

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Shivans, Echo Gate: https://fsnebula.org/log/61131066b15aef1dcc95ce56
[...]
Destiny of Peace: https://fsnebula.org/log/611319689831a2e18495ce5a

That appears to be an error in the campaign files; both appear to be an oversight.

Shrouding the Light: https://fsnebula.org/log/6113119da0b4895db795ce56

That's an old error that propably comes from a outdated version of the FSPort weapons.tbl being used.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Echo Gate and Destiny of Peace are now fixed.

Admiral Nelson is working on Shrouding the Light so that should be fixed shortly as well.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Thank you guys so much for looking into this!

Consequently, does anyone know what changed on FreeSpace Port, FS2 MediaVPs, and Between the Ashes? Are these related changes?

EDIT: Strange, MediaVPs and Between the Ashes instantly completed and gave a Knossos popup (which doesn't normally happen when updating) saying "Done." with no version change. Some weird quirk of Knossos, maybe...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 08:55:51 pm by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Here's the FSPort changelog:
Updates in 3.6.9:
--Improve version compatibility via version-specific commenting
--Match retail docked speed in Secret Recovery
--Make the jump node flicker and disappear in The End
--Fix some briefing icons

The first two are things discovered through Colt's testing, and the second two are because of your stream. :yes:  Just like the planet icon sometimes got changed to another ship, the SD Demon sometimes got changed to a support ship.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Huzzah! Destiny of Peace and Echo Gate both load and I can get into a mission seamlessly! Now it's just a matter of Shrouding the Light and Frontlines 2334. I'm going to continue going through my list and see if I hit any other snags. Thank you guys for the fixes. Already liking the little previews I'm seeing from loading up these campaigns and their first missions!

The Procyon Insurgency: https://fsnebula.org/log/6114955ecb8e3a769a95ce62
The Aftermath Reboot: https://fsnebula.org/log/61149e10b15aef1dcc95ce5b
The Aftermath Reboot II: https://fsnebula.org/log/61149e5f9831a2e18495ce5d

Transcend is playable, but... This may have to do with my Radar Icons mod, so maybe someone could let me know how I can make these two play nice.
https://i.imgur.com/a88YNnO.jpeg
https://fsnebula.org/log/61149669cb8e3a769a95ce63

Also it seems that Inferno: Nostos is attempting to draw a new interface, but my old interface is still drawn, so...
https://i.imgur.com/SvpY0Zd.png
https://fsnebula.org/log/611589f29831a2e18495ce5e
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 03:53:57 pm by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Shrouding the Light is now also corrected. (version 2.5.0).

Let me look at Frontlines.

[EDIT] Frontlines should also now be all set (Version 1.5.0)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 08:43:03 am by Admiral Nelson »
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Awesome, both work great! :)

I'm tinkering with my settings to see if I can't figure out what Transcend and Inferno Nostos are doing with the HUD. I'm sure it has something to do with my radar icon or message box mods.

EDIT: Yep, figured. I removed all mods from MediaVPs 3.7.2 (which both mods use) and everything worked fine. Except ew, why do they both put the message box in the top left when they have no voice acting? :(

I wonder if I can pester Mito about a Transcend and Inferno: Nostos specific message box mod...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 04:00:24 pm by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
You likely can, I will rather have a chance to set something up by the time you play either on stream. Pester me a bit more, and I might do it quicker :P
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline CT27

I went back to the last stream to check the suggestions made at the end of the stream for what else to play, and they were Reunion and New Path. Coupled with Incursion & Return to Sol, can anyone vouch for the quality or give me info on how they fit into the timeline? Are these all things that should be squeezed into my list in the "FreeSpace Continuity" or do any of them fit better in the second list?

I'm still not sure if I determined if Bem Cavalgar should be a part of list 1 or list 2. I may have determined the gameplay was significantly different enough to justify list 2, but I can't recall.

For Incursion +Return To Sol:

They're campaigns that take place post-Capella.  Incursion takes place in 2376 and its sequel Return To Sol takes place in 2380 (it's not officially stated in the campaign but that's what one of the comments I've found said in terms of when it takes place.)  I'm sorry I can't be more clear on a specific date, but I am sure they take place post-Capella...it's just that the campaigns don't say a specific year. 

In terms of quality, I had fun with them.  They're both fairly straightforward in terms of gameplay (kind of like Warzone and the main FS2 campaign for example) but enjoyable. 

They could go in your first list I'd say.

Does this help?

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Very much! Thank you! :)
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube