Author Topic: RELEASE: The Scroll of Atankharzim, Part I  (Read 208509 times)

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Re: RELEASE: The Scroll of Atankharzim, Part I
Hype! Will play it this weekend :D Also

• GTC Hyperion model updated by Nyctaeus
  • GVCa Tanen model updated by Galemp

yoink and yoink ;7 These look awesome!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Excellent!  I'm just about to play 'Irkawa Passes,' as part of the GVTA branch, so I might just replay the entire thing from the beginning rather than jumping in at the split-point to get to the ISF branch.

So, how far are we from R2?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's Irkalla, the Mesopotamian underworld. :)

I've released version 1.11.1, which fixes a crash bug with a script and also fixes some interactions between MediaVPs and Scroll game settings.

R2 is currently in progress but some distance away from release still.  Several missions are complete, but several missions are in progress, and a couple are not yet started.  Work continues.  There is one surprise for Part 1 we hope to release in the next month or two, though.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I figured I'd get the spelling wrong.  I'm glad work is continuing, and I hope to see it released some day.  Thank you for all you're putting into it.

[Edit] I just got a warning message when viewing the Hecate in the lab under RC3:

Error: Invalid subobj_num or model_num in subsystem 'Turret28' on ship type 'GTD Hecate'

Not linking into ship!

This warning means that a subsystem was present in the table entry and not present in the model.It should be removed from the table or added to the model.
Ensure subsystem names are spelled correctly, and that submodels or special points intended to be subsystems have '$special=subsystem' in their properties.
File: ship.cpp
Line: 7504

[Edit2] Love the new Tannen, and is that a new Dis & SAC3?  Are those in the newest MVPs, or is that introduced for SA, because I don't recall seeing those before.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 08:03:31 pm by Trivial Psychic »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Glad the work is appreciated. :yes:

The Hecate warning doesn't occur on my end, either on the computer I uploaded from or the one I downloaded the newest update to.  I recommend looking for any loose files or mod conflicts.

Yep, the Dis and SAC3 are new.  Those were added in the new MVPs.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
And version 1.11.2 is now up.  I had neglected to include the most recent version of the FSPort MVPs music .vp, with the result that there were file extension mismatches.  This is fixed now.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I cleared out all older versions of Scroll from my Knossos library, and checked all MVP folders for any stray Hecate model or table file that might be responsible, and found none.  The odd thing, is that it only complains in the lab, and not in the techroom.

I decided to run a debug build to see if it generated any clearer error message, but have so far found a few more, though most are minor.  Some of the civilian objects, like the Comet, are complaining of Model-to-table LOD mismatch, and the Mirage complains that there are 3 secondary banks in the table, and only 2 on the model.  The Subspace Sath complains of a duplicate docking bay "Front Docking Bay".

I tried extracting the Hecate model from the Scroll VPs into data/models subfolders in Scroll, but got the same result.  Where else might something be interfering?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's weird.  You're right, it appears in the lab, even though it doesn't appear in the tech room.

I'm assuming all of these other debug messages are also in the lab, because one of the things I did before release was to go through the tech room and check each ship for warnings.

This could be a FSO bug.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
FRED also complains, but hitting 'debug' can at least bypass this.  I checked under the 'table entry' tab in the ships editor, and I see that while the base ships.tbl file has the entry for Turret28, none of the associated .tbm files reference it, since they're from the MVPs, which doesn't have that turret, but it shouldn't complain.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ok, it's not a FSO bug.  The MediaVPs override some of Scroll's settings.  I'll need to process the files and figure out the relevant differences introduced in 4.7.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ok, version 1.11.3 has been uploaded that fixes the Hecate and a few weapon overrides.