Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

[Spoilers] What is Shambhala?

(1/42) > >>

SF-Junky:
As far as I can see there is no general speculation thread about the UEF's super secret top priority project Shambala. What canon information do we have about Shambhala? Not very much.

--- Quote from: Nothing is True Command Brief ---Henriksson is a physicist and statesman of considerable repute. Her personal records indicate that she was motivated by a desire to end this war rapidly and decisively. She saw the $r Alliance as the inevitable victors.

She expresses regret for the loss of Elder Taudigani, but contends that something termed 'Shambhala' is 'a reprehensible gamble with the lives of billions and possible extinction'.

If she reaches Artemis Station, the sacrifices we have made to enact the Elders' plan will be rendered meaningless.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Nothing is True - Dialogue between Svetlana Henriksson and Admiral Steele ---H: The project is called Shambhala. It began twenty years ago, but the final breakthroughs were not made until the 14th Battlegroup defectors brought their expertise to bear.
S: Is it a weapon? A warship? A beam-armed battle group? I need specifics.
H: Hahaha! How typical, Admiral. What good would a weapon have done us? You must understand that Shambhala is an answer to a problem that predates this war by decades.
S: Unlike you, Elder, I cannot grasp an entire culture with a few months' study. Make yourself plain.
H: Shambhala is the Elders' plan to end the war without the exercise of mliitary power. It preserves the principles of Ubuntu while satisfying the messy practical need for victory.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Universal Truth - Ken ---And your Federation has its own designs. Do you think the Elders were blind to the Shivan threat? They knew the Destroyers could rebuild collapsed jump nodes. Their Project Shambhala was an answer to that threat...now it is something more.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Universal Truth - Elder Martin Mandho ---Byrne is sure Shambhala will work, whether in the first stage or the second. All the simulations agree. But I wonder...are we too late? Is the verdict passed? Perhaps the second Wanderer will know...
--- End quote ---

That's it. You might want to read the Wikipedia article about Shambhala: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shambhala

Ken seems to give a pretty clear hint at what Shambhala might be. What he says about it makes me think that Shambhala was something that can seal off subspace jump nodes. But not a super-weapon with which to just blow them up. More like a key to simply lock them up like a door. That would also fit with the wiki description if Shambhala describing it as a 'Pure Land' and a 'place of peace/tranquility/happiness' - that would be the Sol system where humanity can live in safety from the Shivans or any other threats.
However, it is said that it is more now. Henriksson calls it 'a reprehensible gamble with the lives of billions and possible extinction'. That doesn't sound like a mere tool to seal jump nodes.

What I'm pretty sure of is that Shambhala is not just a big gun, a big warship or a big bomb. I'd really be surprised if it had something to do with brute force.

What do you think?

CommanderDJ:
I'm not sure what I'm basing this on, but I think it's safe to assume the Vishnans have something to do with it.

An4ximandros:

--- Quote from: Wikipedia ---Hindu texts such as Vishnu Purana mention Shambhala as the birth place of Kalki, the final incarnation of Vishnu who will usher in a new Golden Age (Satya Yuga).
--- End quote ---
I think there is a chance the Vishnans will have something to do with it.
--- Quote from: Universal Truth ---The walls are ours as are all those who cross them.
--- End quote ---
I think 'The Project' is a gateway to Shambhala... and given the massive energy farm at the sun mentioned in the forums, it might involve blowing it wide open into a Vishnan Capella-like transabyssal gate.

According to Wiki, Shambhala is related to Olmolungring (in its Tibetan Buddhist scriptures), which is described as:
--- Quote from: Wikipedia --- ... a non-dual spiritual realm (plane or dimension) of the Bon tradition which resides beyond dualism. It is understood to be a timeless perfected realm where peace and joy are the very fabric of being.
--- End quote ---

Shambhala could also describe the Nagari network, where all minds meld and we can see the 'core' of a person; which is not transmittable through code.

crizza:
Just came to my mind: Maybe it's some kind of mind control thing or, taken the 14th in mind, it allows to seal jump nodes or create connections to paralell universes, so they can get reinforcements from those points, combing several GTVAs/UEFs to destroy the shivans...
Makes me wonder...is there a universe where the Terrans and Vasudans were able to defeat the shivan menace?

BritishShivans:
Extremely doubtful on the "defeating Shivans" part. The Shivans are multi-universal like the Vishnans - if such a universe exists, it's more likely the Shivans are simply ignoring them for whatever reason.

But either way, I was gonna post a thing but it was similar to An4ximandro's post, so I didn't bother. Shambhala *definitely* has something to do with Nagari, one way or another.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version