Author Topic: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!  (Read 148162 times)

Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
My mistake. I meant MST Time Zone, seven hours behind GMT.
How I made that mistake I don't know...  :doubt:

EDIT: So... it's now tonight. Any games being planned?
Only levels :p 
See you in the mines!

Telling me which levels would be nice.  :D
I have most of the official levels (Vertigo series, Levels of the World, etc etc), as well as the GELD's levels, but I don't know if any multiplayer levels are included therein. And I don't want to check (you have any idea how many levels are in "Levels of the World"?).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 08:55:25 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Is anyone else free tonight? We can just use the official mission packs (Panic and Dogfight) for now, although there are several usermade ones from the D2X-XL site that we used to play regularly. I'm available anytime from about 11PM to 5AM EST.

you have any idea how many levels are in "Levels of the World"?

100, although they're for D1.

And aren't they fun! (Well, some of 'em anyway)

I'm game.
I'll be free till about ten or eleven MST, since I do unfortunately have school in the morning. :sigh:

EDIT: Erm, we are still using the IP address Nuke specified in the first post aren't we? Cause I am seeing no games.

EDIT2: I've been looking for 15 minutes and not found stuff... so I'll just assume we aren't doing anything tonight. Too bad, was really looking forward to it.
I'll be on vacation for the rest of the week, so no Descent.  :(  Hopefully after I get back?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 10:19:52 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I had started up a tracker game around 11:00 and left it up for a while, but closed it down when nobody showed up. I guess I should have made my post earlier and given some prior notice. Let's try for next weekend instead, maybe Friday or Saturday night so everyone is free. Will you be back by then?

The IP in Nuke's original post is long outdated. I don't even remember who's IP that was anymore. We use the tracker these days anyway. I think I might have forgot to mention that earlier.

Well, that might explain it. So you just use the "UDP via Tracker" option? Weird, it couldn't find any trackers when I tried that... :doubt:

Unfortunately, I will not be back by Saturday. Sunday is when I will return.

Offline Music1an

• Trumpeter and pianist for life!
Well, that might explain it. So you just use the "UDP via Tracker" option? Weird, it couldn't find any trackers when I tried that... :doubt:

It should say "2 Trackers Found" underneath the socket stuff ("current socket is +0...blah blah blah)
If you're not finding any trackers, you may need to forward port 9424 (I think that's right), check if your router--if you used one--doesn't have any NAT issues or UDP problems, etc...

<offtopic>
Hope you have a great vacation Dark Hunter.  Heh, I'm gonna be at vacation this weekend as well (skiing :D).
</offtopic>
Band kids rule

Offline AusRED5

It should say "2 Trackers Found" underneath the socket stuff ("current socket is +0...blah blah blah)
If you're not finding any trackers, you may need to forward port 9424 (I think that's right), check if your router--if you used one--doesn't have any NAT issues or UDP problems, etc...

<offtopic>
Hope you have a great vacation Dark Hunter.  Heh, I'm gonna be at vacation this weekend as well (skiing :D).
</offtopic>

Ummm guys, the default port for the tracker is 28342. Change it if it isn't that number.
All the guys I've been playing online using the Tracker, are using this port number.

If you don't see any games listed, chances are there is just no one playing at that moment, or the router/ modem you are using needs the port forwarded.

For my router its setup is the following:

If you need help setting up your port forwarding for your router?
Go here and click on the router that you have.

Once you are done.

Get someone to host a game.

Fire up D2X-XL.

Select tracker. Type in the port number ( default is 28342 ), and wait for the game to pop up on the list. ;)

Good luck and see ya in the mines!  :D

* Dark Hunter demands to know how you got that background.

Offline AusRED5

* Dark Hunter demands to know how you got that background.
Yes sir!!    hehe  :lol:

Custom Menu Thread

Thanks.

Oh, BTW, I'm back once more... so I'm once again open for games.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Is anyone free tomorrow (2/4) night, at around the same time?

Yes... that's in... what about 3 hours (as of this post)?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I saw this a little late, but I can set up a game if you're still available. I'll check the thread periodically for a response.

I'm having trouble trying to get the music files off my decent 1 cd to work after i had copied them to the hard disk.  I found commands on the d2x-xl site to play your own files but im not sure how to get it to work nor how the playlist should be organized.  Thing was that my decent 1 cd is so old and scratched that Id rather not use it if i can help it.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
My Descent 2 CD is in fine condition, but d2x-xl refuses to play the music off of it as well, so all I get are the MIDIs.  :sigh:
I am a revolutionary.

actualy it plays the music off the cd just fine if you select the redbook flag, however i got it off the cd in mp3 format and there is the abilty to use your own playlist in the tracks but i don't know how to set it up

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i got ogg to work. a playlist is just a text file with a list of tracks. no fancy characters just a file name with extension followed by a return and so on.  i created a music folder in the d2x-xl dir, stick my playlist.txt and track in that folder. then in d2x.ini you add -playlist D:\D2X-XL\music\playlist.txt (modify the path to where you have d2xxl at). i tried using mp3 and it played to slow, but ogg worked fine.

On a sad note it looks like d2xxl has come under flak from the descent community. see here. Im supprised at the ungratefullness within the descent community and personally i think theyre a bunch of morons. When you have a hard working dev like Diedel throwing so much time and effort bringing life back into an old classic, the result should be respect, not criticism. Diedel has definately earned my respect and gratitude. Its a shame to see such a project end this way.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 04:44:46 am by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

That is outrageous! :mad:  Considering the amount of effort and evreything he has done for that community. Thats like ither Taylor, Goober, DaBrain or anyother project leader here to be banned and noone to replace them.  If the Decsent community were even a quarter as together as this project is, people should be realy angry at the admins over there at www.descentbb.net

I have realized that the problem im having is probably a bug with the mac version that ill have to report on sourceforge.net. When i have the chance, providing he is willing to fix it.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Wow, incredibly lame-o.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline AusRED5

I had nothing to do with it.   :(

You can read this and this to get an idea of whats going on.

Anyways,
Diedel is still and has been working on the D2X-XL project from the sourceforge.net site.
So don't worry to much. ;)