Author Topic: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!  (Read 148161 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
Can you suggest a date then? Pretty much anything works for me.

I skipped my university graduation altogether. It felt good to be out of there after the last final exam and I wasn't about to go back right away. :D

Offline AusRED5

Set a date and time.

And be sure to give us a time zone - eastern, central, or western. :P

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
How does this Saturday at 11:00 PM EST sound? I can generally play uninterrupted for several hours in the night (here), if it works for the rest of you. We can use the HLP IRC channel to coordinate games.

Offline AusRED5

How does this Saturday at 11:00 PM EST sound? I can generally play uninterrupted for several hours in the night (here), if it works for the rest of you. We can use the HLP IRC channel to coordinate games.
hehe... Your Saturday night will be my Sunday afternoon-ish 1pm!  :lol:
I'll try to make it. ;)

Those of you who want to join in. Be sure to get the latest version of D2X-XL from Diedel's site or you might end up not being able to join.
Either that, you could cause bad game play do to mismatch of D2X-XL versions.  :eek:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I might be able to make that one... we'll see.  :D

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
uh...I'm an idiot. :nervous: I didn't realize that today is in fact the 2nd, the same date that was suggested earlier. :rolleyes: Anyway, I'll stick around the IRC channel around 11:15 EST and see if anyone is available.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
the latest update to d2xxl is runing brutally fast with all the cool gizmoes turned on. anyone around for a game sometime in the next couple days?
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
We couldn't really get it working. :p It kept crashing on my end when someone died. We'll probably try again in a few days though.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
ok. i just got the next 2 days off and il probibly just spend it doing nothing otherwise, like getting all the bugs out of my camera rotation code for my game engine :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline AusRED5

Sorry I couldn't make it guys.
I am sooooo sick it's not even funny. :(

We couldn't really get it working. :p It kept crashing on my end when someone died. We'll probably try again in a few days though.
CP, can you please do a bug report on this at the SF.net site.
That'd be great, thanks.  :)

Offline karx11erx

• D2X-XL and DLE-XP coder
    • Descent 2 & D2X-XL
Looks like I will have to do another multiplayer debugging session ...  :rolleyes:

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I've acquired Windows and I'll be installing it tonight, so hopefully I'll be joining you all next session.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
ive been playing my way through descent 1. almost everything is working good :D

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline simX

• D2X-XL Developer for the Mac
    • Technological Supernova
Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
I don't think we'll be able to return to the old days of last summer, when we were having a game practically every night, but I'm guessing people will have much more free time once the academic year ends. I haven't seen watsisname around here in a while, but we can probably ask simX to join us again.

I disagree -- we should totally get games going every night again. ;)

I've been busy lately what with work and school, but now that both are ending (I go to school, and I also work at a school :) ) I will have gobs of free time.  I'm also willing to rope watsisname into playing as well; we talk pretty frequently, so he can't hide.

Just throw an IM my way whenever anybody wants to play.
"Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set." -- Andrew Welch, el Presidente, Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
This weekend I should be able to play late night - early morning EST, perhaps also earlier in the evening, not sure.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
maybe il show up, if i dont have any problems with the new computer im building on thursday.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
If you do, drop me a line, I'll try to help if possible.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
ive also been working on robot textures 25 down 60 to go, and then the animations.

make that 30 :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 10:26:09 am by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
It'd be helpful if we could get a dedicated server up that was running (stable) most of the time. That seemed to work well before anyway.. people would randomly join my server and sometimes games would start up spontaneously, but there were also organized ones as well when we'd all agree on a time. Unfortunately I've changed ISPs since then and I'm on a router now that gives me all kinds of grief with d2 or I'd just host again.  :(
I am a revolutionary.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Which router?  Go to http://portforward.com/ ; they have good instructions there on how to set stuff like that up.