Author Topic: The official Saga eyecandy' corner  (Read 46690 times)

Re: The official Saga eyecandy' corner
Now you know why I've been so unproductive lately  :lol:
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline starlord

Kvar-Khan dreadnaught? Pretty please? :( :(

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
The answer is 'NO'.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline starlord

Aww, that's too bad.

I recall once a thread discussing the availability of a dreadnaught in SAGA (it is woefully underused in WC3)...

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I did not say, we do not have it. We are just not releasing any pictures now. :)

As far as I recall, light destroyer is next on my list.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline starlord

Ah! Big BIG relief. :nod:

I'm also looking forward to see the heavy destroyer. this was to my eyes, one of the most enigmatic kilrathi  vessels.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Narvi

Triangular. Are you going for the WC look instead of roundness? Weird choice.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I don't quite get your comment.
Its a WC mod so going for a WC look seams to be an obiouse choice.
Also, what Tolwyn should have mentioned, these are the Kilrathi missiles. The Kilrathi prefere sharp edges and asymetrical shapes. As its hard to make a missile asymetrical choosing a triangular shape is the closest thing, at least to me.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Narvi

Oh, I assumed that he was imitating the polygonal shape of the missiles in the early WC games, which didn't really have that much in the way of roundness.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Ah now I understand.
Don't fear. Confed missiles won't be low poly models like in the old WC games. They will be nicely rounded and good looking.
The Kilrathi missiles where design following the general design of Kilrathi ships during the time periode the mod takes place in.
When you click the images and take a look at the higher resolution images you will notice that even these missiles aren't as low poly as the old WC models.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
This is a nice moment to plug in our website www.wcsaga.com. :lol:

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline starlord

Hold on: What is this class? I don't recognise it. :confused:

Engine layout makes me think of a WC4 kilrathi shuttle, but obviously, the scale is much bigger.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
This is a nice moment to plug in our website www.wcsaga.com. :lol:

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline starlord

Wow, very interessting indeed. ;7

I once wondered if it was the shakar transport from WC3.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Those look really nice.  Did you make some custom nebulas or did you just use the mediavp nebulas? Also, where is that starfield that was shown in the previous update?
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Wow, very interessting indeed. ;7

I once wondered if it was the shakar transport from WC3.

In fact it is the ship we see in the VCIV cinematics, namely the one Melek shows to the intrepid crew. it is different from the shuttle (of course) and was never ment to be the same. The name comes from Star*Soldier

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Those look really nice.  Did you make some custom nebulas or did you just use the mediavp nebulas?
They are based on the media VP nebulas. That being said, they were heavily modified for our skyboxes. This means, that we are no longer using FS2 background system for anything but planets and suns. It should also be noted, that while skyboxes add a small performance boost on slower systems a shader capable GPU is required to render skyboxes correctly.

Also, where is that starfield that was shown in the previous update?
Which? This one?

-WC Saga's beta tester