Author Topic: test for new pilot file changes  (Read 7489 times)

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
test for new pilot file changes
Originally posted by taylor

It's shown up in at least one other build that doesn't have the pilot file changes.  Refer to posts earlier in this thread.  The new pilot code doesn't make any changes that should effect the way ships or weapons operate.  Plus, support ships reload fine for me but I'm still looking for where the problem is hiding.

any progress on the support ship problem? Im stuck on hte main FS2 campaign and this problem wont let me continue!! (Its the mission with de-beaming the Sath)
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by Singh
any progress on the support ship problem? Im stuck on hte main FS2 campaign and this problem wont let me continue!! (Its the mission with de-beaming the Sath)

Unfortunately not.  I haven't been able to recreate this with any build.  It works fine for me every time.  I'm still looking but I haven't come across any code changes that would cause this yet.  I'll play with more builds tomorrow in the hopes that I can figure out what's triggering the problem.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Singh, get the build from the YAB2 thread below this one, it works okay.  But you may have to use OGL, my D3D been fudging up lately.  The ole gibberish triangles and CTD.  OGL runs okay in default FS2 mode.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by Liberator
Singh, get the build from the YAB2 thread below this one, it works okay.  But you may have to use OGL, my D3D been fudging up lately.  The ole gibberish triangles and CTD.  OGL runs okay in default FS2 mode.

Yeah, but that one doesnt have these pilot changes - which means I wont be able to fly with this pilot in that build and will have to start all over again!!
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Its great and all, The build works fine, support ships rearm me but my Gamepad dosnt work in game, only a few buttons work like afterburners, primarys, secondarys, and if i push the counter mesure button, and then press another button a counter measure drops.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I had that same problem with Taylor's previous build, this build, which was Taylor's own take on the memory-leak-plug, not the one he colaborated with Kazan on.  I posted my similar experiences in the thread that that build was released in.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
I had that same problem with Taylor's previous build, this build, which was Taylor's own take on the memory-leak-plug, not the one he colaborated with Kazan on.  I posted my similar experiences in the thread that that build was released in.

Kazan and I only worked on the FRED build as I remember.  The memleak fix was in the internal forum already for the D3D people to check over and Kazan just posted a CVS build which had the changes.  Mine was pretty much the same thing, just a plain CVS build but compiled with DevIL support.  That build was missing some of Kazan's joystick fixes if I remember right but this build should have them, I hope.

Originally posted by EVOSteven
Its great and all, The build works fine, support ships rearm me but my Gamepad dosnt work in game, only a few buttons work like afterburners, primarys, secondarys, and if i push the counter mesure button, and then press another button a counter measure drops.

Do other builds have this same problem?  The buttons are seen by the game right?  Try going into the controls config and setting up the buttons that don't work again.  If that works, or doesn't, let me know.  As mentioned above there is a chance that I missed Kazan's joystick fixes when I made this build.

There will soon be a new build with these pilot file changes, current CVS with the joystick and autopilot changes, some OpenGL beautification, the fix for the crashing movies and perhaps something special.  That build should be released this weekend but if you're lucky you could probably find it in cyberspace somewhere. :D

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
And a new FRED build ? :p
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)