Author Topic: Evacuation of the Galatea  (Read 4403 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: Evacuation of the Galatea
Behold boys, the magic of the fusion engine.  Of fission.  Could go either way.

I apologise - I tend to take a lot of the gameplay with a pinch of salt, treating it more as mechanic than story.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well, keep in mind that the fuel powering the Hecate is nuclear fusion. I'm sure the Orion has a similar power supply as well.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Well, keep in mind that the fuel powering the Hecate is nuclear fusion. I'm sure the Orion has a similar power supply as well.
Isn't the Hecate one of those new designs that have vasudan designed generators? (or am I mixing something up with blue planet here?)
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No, Escape Pods cannot be assigned to wings. They are some of the only craft that can't do so, along with sentry guns and jump nodes.

Well, here's something for the next SCP build to fix.

I can already imagine a 6-10 escape pod wings (a dozen waves) fleeing a ship. Keeping it alive until all wings leave would be an interesting task.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I thought the Deimos and Hecate were joint designs.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, here's something for the next SCP build to fix.

I can already imagine a 6-10 escape pod wings (a dozen waves) fleeing a ship. Keeping it alive until all wings leave would be an interesting task.
Hmm. And it'd be impossible to keep all of them alive, you just need to keep as many as you can... And variables can track how many have died...

* Snail goes off to FRED something, then gets bored and archives it

While the Deimos and Hecate may be joint Terran-Vasudan designs, all that really means is that Vasudans have more advanced fusion reactors and engines.  I'd be willing to bet the Terrans are better when it comes to warheads, metallurgy, and astroengineering.  I mean as far as we know the Vasudans didn't invent any new bombs during the Great War, and in Freespace 2 Vasudan fighters have less HP than Terran fighters.  Plus the Orion is better than the Typhon.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Yet the Hattie is tougher than even the Orion. :P

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
That sounds just like the mission with the Krios' escape pods in the original Silent Threat, except that only had one wave. And it was nigh impossible.

You would, as Snail said, want to keep track of how many die, rather than just fail the player as soon as one dies. Although as far as bonus objectives, it seems like the pilot medals screen is directly analogous to XBox-style "Achievements". Some of them are kind of dumb, particularly in FS2, like Epsilon Pegasi Liberation and Nebula Campaign Victory. I mean, getting a medal for beating the game like in FS1 was enough, IMO, and individual missions not so much. Nonetheless, that would make for an awesome bonus objective and grant-medal sexp.

Offline wistler

I played the FS1 port or whatever it was i downloaded and i seemed to be getting a medal after every mission which seemed just ridiculous.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
...FS1 port or whatever it was i downloaded...

Close enough, but it's called FSPort in short. :nod:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I played the FS1 port or whatever it was i downloaded and i seemed to be getting a medal after every mission which seemed just ridiculous.

I recently replayed FS1 (in the original engine, as opposed to the fs2 port) and got every single medal on medium. I was surprised.

Offline eliex

The criteria for the awarding system is easier in original FS1 than FS2 IIRC.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
That sounds just like the mission with the Krios' escape pods in the original Silent Threat, except that only had one wave. And it was nigh impossible.

You would, as Snail said, want to keep track of how many die, rather than just fail the player as soon as one dies. Although as far as bonus objectives, it seems like the pilot medals screen is directly analogous to XBox-style "Achievements". Some of them are kind of dumb, particularly in FS2, like Epsilon Pegasi Liberation and Nebula Campaign Victory. I mean, getting a medal for beating the game like in FS1 was enough, IMO, and individual missions not so much. Nonetheless, that would make for an awesome bonus objective and grant-medal sexp.
I think it's fine to have mid-campaign medal grants. It did take some effort and skill to get to that point of the campaign, and that's basically what medals are for, right?