Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844187 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Now Inferno won't run at all on my laptop, though my desktop seems ok for now. Crashes while loading missions. Seems its an Open AL problem as disabling sound stops the crashing.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ok with the Sept builds running on my laptop new eye candy. This time new HTL goodnesss.

HTL Raynor by Stratcomm:

HTL Lucifer by Vasudan Admiral:

Both attacking each other:

Was a short battle :D

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Does Raynor have one big shivan beam cannon and several terran ones.
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It has no Shivan beams...

Offline Darius

Is that lightning beam the same type as the Gigas beam that destroys the Apothess?

« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 04:43:19 am by Darius »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Different sizes and power, the Lucifer one is equivalent to a BFRed, the Gigas ones are far stronger.

We need to fix those beams they don't look right.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There's nothing in that message that is fowl. There's far worse in mission 11, that REALLY needs to be toned down.

The message could of been "Get out of there now! Holy ****, you should of left while you had the ******* chance. All fighters, get the **** back to Delta Serpentis node on the double!"
Not that it ever was :p (note I used * for those who would still compalin without the filter, there's nothing there)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Also, the fact that command's dialog is so emotional
Also is this a bad thing when a 20km Shivan monstrosity just blasted to bits your new shiny Vasudan destroyers cause they didn't obey orders?
:D

Offline Murderous Species

• Immortal
using God's name in vain doesn't look right either.

From FS1:
Command: Oh my God! It's the Lucifer!
Command: Good God! We've lost the Galatea!

As you see, God's name was used by V.
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"What is it, Alpha 1... CHICKEN?"
"Prepare ship for LUDICROUS SPEED"
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

Whoa...great work, R2 look perfect.

Q: You modify DaBrain's Shockwave colour to red ? (it seems to be, by the image)

-----------------------------------------------

(Oh....it's not fair). That beam looks great, it's not exactly what I want to do, but yes, I want to make different Beam, not that single static line that is used for all the current species, again, great work.....

Do that Beam have 2 or 3 Sections ?, I would say 2, but the small violet lightning cofunses me, it can work both ways.....the less sections the less you can manipulate the Size and effects of different colour or effects parts....

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's an unmodified version of DaBrains shockwave.

The Shivan beam there is using a new lightning texture, but the old R1 back texture, that's why it needs to be fixed.

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Shame it hasn't. In Neo-Terra Raynor was Terran destroyer with little of Shivan tech.
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Raynor is the middle destroyer, not a carrier type like the Cabari, and not a heavy type like the Boreas. The Lucifer being a super destroyer far exceeds all three Terran destroyers in firepower.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'd say Lucifer. Though it may depend on if the Nemesis railguns can disable all 5 side Lucifer beam weapons quickly.

• Immortal
Then INF Lucifer is armed with Juggernaut beams, or is too strong or... the Nemesis too weak, or all of them.
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Nemesis has just as powerful beams, but the Lucifer has quite a bit more HP. I'd have to set up a battle to really know which one would win since they don't meet each other in at least the first chapter.

• Immortal
When firepower is the same, range is the imperative. And the Nemesis' rail gunshave longer range than many beams (I think).
ALICE!!!!!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Range doesn't matter, if both engage in battle they can use all side guns to attack the other ship. What is important is how the Nem uses those railguns. If it disables several key Lucifer turrets quickly enough then it makes the battle far easier for the Nem to win.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Dont forget to consider the firing arcs of the two ships. The Lucifer AFAIK has its beam cannons concentrated on its front and flanks, while its top and bottom are almost defencless against a capital threat (though this may have changed in R2).

The Nemesis on the other hand has beam cannons on nearly every flank, meaning it can engage major threats from any direction (again, this may have changed of course).

In short, if the Nemesis jumped in above the Lucifer, it would have a good chance of winning.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It has less cannons as it has railguns now.