Author Topic: Star Wars add-on  (Read 1906 times)

Offline NickM

Gang:

Has a 'Star Wars' mod been finally developed for use in FS-2 Open? I have seen 'work in progress' but I haven't ever noticed anything being completed....but I have seen other YouTubers post Star Wars-centric missions, so I was wondering if anything has finally been released.

Thanks ahead of time;

NM

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I believe this is the only released Star Wars mod: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85153.0

Really want to release Fate of the Galaxy - RL just keeps getting in the way  :sigh:
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline NickM

Thanks;

I noticed that this says to 'drag it into' an existing Star Wars Mod folder; I need to get a bigger hard drive before I download FS2O again but I assume there will be a star wars mod already in there.

We shall see. Sometime in 2019 or before my 60th birthday I will try

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I didn't realise that the link I sent was just to the patch for version 4 - I think this is the full v4 download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-the-original-trilogy-mod/downloads/beta-version-4-release
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Gang:

Has a 'Star Wars' mod been finally developed for use in FS-2 Open? I have seen 'work in progress' but I haven't ever noticed anything being completed....but I have seen other YouTubers post Star Wars-centric missions, so I was wondering if anything has finally been released.

Thanks ahead of time;

NM

Hey NM, as niffiwan pointed out the most complete FSO Star Wars mod is the Original Trilogy mod. The most recent full version is version 4, and there is also a patch to update that version. Personally I think the patch changes too many things so I stick with Version 4, though I am not sure if either are stable with current FSO builds. I was originally the mod leader but it has been many years since I have checked compatibility with new builds since I am now workig with the larger Star Wars game, Fate of the Galaxy. 

Offline NickM

Here's a damned fool question for you: what are the instructions to install this mod? I presume we need to install FS-2O first?

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Here's a damned fool question for you: what are the instructions to install this mod? I presume we need to install FS-2O first?

Yes. Install FS2O first, then the Media VPs, then install this mod by dropping the folder in the Freespace 2 game folder (same way you would install any other FS2O mod). Again no guarantee it works with newer SCP builds though.