Author Topic: Screencap Contest - April 2018  (Read 4464 times)

Offline Axem

Screencap Contest - April 2018
This month's theme is: Free Month!

Go wild! Go nuts! Show me whatever you like!

The rules are:
No HUD!
No Bullshots!! (That is, no touching it up in your graphics editor of your choice. The only edit allowed is cropping the image)
Maximum 3 entries per person!!!

Use the screencap script to help you take that perfect shot!

2018 Scoreboard:
niffiwan - 1
Nightmare - 1
CKid - 1

Re: Screencap Contest - April 2018
SI Devil a.k.a. Shivantown a.k.a. Shivan Dyson Sphere, Subgrid 29136/14287

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline Axem

Just want to strongly recommend images be hosted on a reliable host, such as imgur. Attachments get purged every so often, and it would be a shame to lose them!

from which mod this pic is?

It is something I wanted to show in New Horizons, but it was rather unrelated to the main story (not that it wouldn't have been Shivan-heavy enough). It was something Ace said in the FS3-Truth thread what :v-old: apparently intended, but nobody ever did something like this. Since an expedition to the center of Capella was an important story arc I had to go only 1 system further (though I had no idea how, the story was going the opposite). I did this yesterday, for even though NH won't get ever finished, I still wanted to do this...

That is epic! Is that sun a background, or a very close star?

Thanks! :)

It's a skybox made by FighterMedic, named Muscida. I had to edit it a bit, for it was a single map, which I had to spilt into a normal part (base-map) and a star map (glow-map). Having everything as glow map made the yellow dots too bright, everything as base map made the star look kinda... cold? It didn't look good, anyway. Then I added some red nebulaes as background. Having all these yellow dots and the ring saved me some time for the background. Ace's post mentioned that the Shivans would prefer red dwarfs, so I luckily found this thing on my HD (BP had a similar skybox, but yellow).

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!

Offline CKid

If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
I find the lack of Terran-Vasudan War era screenshots to be sinful.

In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

I find the lack of Terran-Vasudan War era screenshots to be sinful.

I agree, awesome screen caps with the Apollos

Offline AV8R

Where do most of you upload your pics to and does that site give you an easily postable URL?

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Where do most of you upload your pics to and does that site give you an easily postable URL?

http://imgur.com
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline AV8R

Multi-ship formation:

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:36:17 pm by AV8R »

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Multi-ship formation:

EDIT: OK, what am I doing wrong? I have the image URL and I put it between IMG and /IMG (with brackets, of course). But no image here.  :(

You're linking the album/imgur page, you want to open the image itself: https://i.imgur.com/H06peIq.jpg and directly link it.
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline AV8R

Hercules Profile:

Offline Axem

Entries open until May 4th! Get your pretty piccies in by then!

Offline AV8R

Kayser fire!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:39:59 pm by AV8R »

Offline Axem

This month was a free month, anything goes. And the anything that won was... BTA's very pretty FS Port shot!

I'm a sucker for gorgeous backgrounds, and the composition of this image is great too. The Levi is to the side, great big planet that draws your attention too. The perfect way to show off FreeSpace.

Honorable mentions go out to CKid's Missile Massacre in progress and tomimaki's duel between a Diomedes and Karuna from Blue Planet.

The scoreboard is!
niffiwan - 1
Nightmare - 1
CKid - 1
BTA - 1