Author Topic: When the Darkness fall campaign  (Read 13399 times)

When the Darkness fall campaign
Try to background it the mission. That helps. :p
Partolling outside Babylon 5 and looking for a beautiful space.

Offline -Norbert-

Aipz, are you sure you have no other tables in the table folder?
I had a similar problem once, that was caused by having wrong tbl files in there.

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
I've deleted everything from that folder prior to installation of When the Darkness Falls...

I'll try to uninstall and install the Base again...

I've installed many missions and other things lately so maybe that's the case here...:confused:
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
Worked - too many new things were installed previously and something must have stayed although my best intents...
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline -Norbert-

I noticed what I believe is a bug.
Everytime when there is a Red Alert start (don't know if red alert is the correct thing - when missions are linked like the last 2 of the FS2 campaign) the status of the ships isn't carried over.
Instead I start out with 21% (the mission where you have to scan the shadow Tinashi) or 17% (where you take down the bases of the NMF) hull integrity, no matter how the ship was at the end of the mission before.
And it isn't really fun when you can only survive 5 hits and don't even survive one missile.
And half the times I dyed from friendly fire, because of the large area of effect the missiles have.

Edit:
I encountered a "slight" problem in the mission where you first encounter the Drakh (12 I think). Apart from the fact that you start with 5% hull (which I kind of corrected for me by setting it to 100% 1 sec after misison start) the mission is still impossible.
No matter what I do I can't survive it even on the lowest difficult setting.
The beams of the Drakh Raider kill me with 3 hits.
I suspect that the Drakh weapons are still at the original TBP damage output, which you really should lower. After all the Drakh where most likely not sitting on their hands and improved their tech as much as the minbari, so it doesn't make sense that the drakh are so much more powerfull than the minbari.

And maybe you could write on your website near the download link when it was uploaded. If I understood you right this isn't the final release and is still updated. That way people could see if what they have on their drive is the latest version.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 03:21:02 pm by 1400 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
A word of caution to those thinking of installing this campaign. When Darkness Falls makes extensive changes to your Babylon Project installation which may make it incompatible with other campaigns.

To restore compatability should this happen uninstall all your TBP campaigns and the TBP base itself. Check with Windows Explorer to ensure that all the files are gone! Then do a complete reinstall of TBP.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline -Norbert-

There's a (in my opinion) better way.
Before installing the campaign rename your data folder into something else, then install it (e.g. data_1)
Now make a new folder named Darness_falls or whatever you like and move the new data folder and the B4-FAsW.VP file into it.
At last rename your data_1 back to data.

Now you can easily switch the mod on and off in the launcher without installing, moving or deleting any files.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 06:16:38 am by 1400 »

Oh, a TBP Campaign, i don't see this before...
Maybe it's a Problem only to me, but when i click on the Downloadlink, http://fstbp.rbcmail.ru/The_Minbari_Project.zip, i get a Site with "Document not found!", i try to Download this with "Save target as...", too, but there is only a corrupted ZIP File on my HDD, i can't open it with WinZIP/RAR/ACE :(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 07:51:31 pm by 1821 »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline den5

It because the file was removed from server for updating . Wait when there will be a new version without bugs.

Offline Asprin

All right. The path is ready and avalible here  at the downloads section.

As I've already sad make sure that your \DATA\TABLES directory is empty, also, if you have the "HUD, INTERFACE, MODELS, MAPS, VOICES, EFFECTS" folders in the "DATA" directory remove it too.

The RED ALERT missions is not like in the original FS2 campaign, there are not enough time for full briefing in some ingame situations...So it is short-briefing missions and only in five operations "RED ALERT STATUS" will influence on the hull integrity.

Possible problems:

1). Mission 3. If auto-pilot will work incorrect press twice "Alt+A" (default combination).

2). All cutscens were created using FRED and unfortunately it have some influence at quality. Besides, all this version of fs2_open does not recognize "FRED -> cutscenes" operators, so there will not be any camera rotations e.t.c.

Next actions were done at several our computers (after removing TBP Base3.2) :

1). Installed TBP Base 3.2
2). Installed WDF
3). Campaign were checked out at all skill levels (including INSANE).

Result: there were not detected any problems except listed.

Updates.

1). NMF Shadow Tinashi updated
2). VE Destroyer updated
3). MF Space Station updated

Thanks to Den 5 for support. ;)

4). Eleven ingame bugs fixed
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 09:56:41 am by 1981 »
QuantreTech Studios

groovy can't wait till i get home!

....few days later

I still have to play it.  I am involved in a move right now and its  crazy now.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 09:03:17 pm by 2196 »

Offline Asprin

Den, check the internal forum as soon as possible.:nervous:
QuantreTech Studios

Offline den5

Checked.

Offline Asprin

Campaign location has been changed. :(

WDF 1.5
QuantreTech Studios

Offline ChrisC

Awesome mod.  I haven't played Freespace or the Babylon Project in over a year.  However I downloaded this campaign and it has been loads of fun.  I recommend that everyone try it out.  I took a few screenshots to show some of the action:

*Images moved down to lower post*
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 02:49:44 am by 3187 »

Offline Cavane

The file that you have up for download doesn't seem to be working.  I downloaded it multiple times and Windows would not open it, saying that it wasn't a valid windows32 file.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Awesome screens ChrisC! Any chance of seeing them full res?

Offline rynadrk

Are those Vorlon Dreadnaughts I see?

Amazing screenies!!

Offline Cavane

Well I tried downloading the file again today, and it worked this time.  Got the installer, installed the campaign, Started playing it, everything's working fine until I try to fire upon enemy ships and I realize I've got no weapons.  I restart the mission, go weapons loadout and discover that none of my wing have any weapons.  I can move about just fine, only no weapons exist.  Any suggestions?