Author Topic: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 8 - "The Countdown..."  (Read 18237 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Re: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 8 - "The Countdown..."
Has anyone who gets the placement issue in the Derelict mission "Rites of Passage" tried this new build yet?

Taylor, when I get back to my PC in a week or so I'll test out this build and see if it duplicates that crash issue I reported in Mantis.  If so, I'll send you all the log files for the new build (and if not, I'll get the other log to you as soon as possbile).

Is this just a compilation of fixes since RC7.9, or is there a list of new corrections made for this build?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Culando

Ok, I've delurked and found that INFA was finally released, yay. Time to reinstall FS2 and set it up to play. Went to get this, the latest concoction by the SCP people, and I'm already having a problem. It's probably (I hope) an obvious problem. I probably forgot to download something. Anyway, here's the issue.

I downloaded the build here, and I opened up the launcher. I selected fs2_open_3_6_9-RC8.exe and hit ok. Then I got this error message. "This application has failed to start because OpenAL32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Is this just another reinstall FS2 issue? Though, that'd be strange as I just reinstalled it last night to be safe. Any help would be appreciated.
The boy who cried project.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It quite literally tells you the cause. You need to install OpenAL :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Culando

That'll do it. :P You SCP folk are always tossing new stuff at me whenever I delurk.

Thanks a ton for the help.
The boy who cried project.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I think the fade sexps are broken in this version. I'm almost certain they were working fine in 7.9, but I'll need to double check it.

[edit] Yeah, it works fine in 7.9. I have made a mantis entry on this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 05:35:31 pm by CP5670 »

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
@Taylor : I'm getting reports that the game (WCS) hangs when the movies are being played, I encountered that myself, though not everytime.
Any idea what could causing this ?
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
@Taylor : I'm getting reports that the game (WCS) hangs when the movies are being played, I encountered that myself, though not everytime.
Any idea what could causing this ?
Not really.  It's only really been tested when using OpenGL though, so see if the people getting hangs are using D3D or not.  I don't think that should actually make it hang, maybe just display weird, but it's something to consider I guess.

And I suppose that by "hang" it means that the movie doesn't play and that hitting SPACE, ENTER or ESC doesn't get out of the movie, correct?  It could be something related to the timer in that case, and it would just sleep for a long time between frames and that would give the impression of it freezing up.  I'm not really sure why that would happen though.  I'm using the same timer code as is used for MVEs (with minor changes for frame time reporting differences) so it's a little strange if it is a timer/sleep problem since that base code has been in use for quite some time.