Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 270037 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Not that I'm aware of
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I made one called the Hard Light Galaxy, with the tag HLGX.  I haven't been on the game in a while since my current rig is dying.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
So, this came up in the forum of a group i'm rolling with now:

Can you spot anything familiar there? :p

Spoiler:
Blue lions, Bosch narration, probably a smidge of ancients, fs1 intro, etc?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
That is damn good, and properly credited to +points for that
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Surprise!  Apparently Community Warfare actually made this game something resembling fun.  At least, I'm having fun playing it for possibly the first time, despite the long queues at certain times of day.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Surprise!  Apparently Community Warfare actually made this game something resembling fun.  At least, I'm having fun playing it for possibly the first time, despite the long queues at certain times of day.
dont worry, you'll start hating the living **** out of it after being raped by 8 3erppc thunderbolts while your team flails like morons on the frozen map.

But yes, it's nice to break the monotony. Also, the resistance wave 2 mechs are starting to show up.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
CW does a decent job of mixing it up.  I haven't actually encountered the wave of identical Thunderbolts yet.  Two or three, maybe, but not eight.  Split between two or more waves, perhaps.  Thunderbolts are probably the single most common 'Mech I end up encountering on the Inner Sphere side, but it's varied enough that I don't mind.  I fight primarily in the trial Cataphract and a Jagermech of my own tinkering (2x AC/20), so I tend to laugh at those Thunderbolts and then murder them when they can't out damage me at close quarters.

Stormcrows, on the other hand, are ****ing everywhere.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'm pissed.

so I spent a lot of time to gather enough money to buy and fully upgrade the Battlemaster. Awesome looking mech, I love it's design.
I went for the variant with the most ballistic slots, because I like guns. I spent money on every upgrade that can help with mass/space.

and then I cursed the developers and the heavens. This fukken think can't mount ballistics for s***.
1 U-AC5 or 1 AC5. That's it.  You put in two machineguns and maybe, if you pick small lasers, you can put in 2 AC2's..but that's it.

You can't even mount 2 AC5!!! ON A FUKKEN ASSAULT MECH! THE BALLISTIC VARRIANT! (meanwhile, a DireWolf cna mount 4 U-AC5's + a frakton of lasers)
That's because some genius designer though it would be fun to put all ballistic mount in ONE arm. An arm that only has a few slots of space.

FRAK YOU DEVS.
Frak you to hell.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Was the build you were trying to make something like this?
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
How the hell did you squeeze 2 AC5's in there?
There's not enough slots.

My loadout looks like this:
BLR-1D

And despite what the loadout page shows I can't fit 2 AC5 in the arm. I'm 1 slot short.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You're right, there's not enough slots for two Ultras in there, because Ultras take five crits each.  Regular AC/5s take four each, and you are capable of fitting two of them on the arm.

EDIT: Also you should put as much of that ammo in your legs and head as possible.  Losing an arm right now neuters your entire machine.

EDIT II: and maybe a liiiiiiittle armor on the back.  As is, anyone with a machine gun can just drive by and royally **** you up with crits.  Four or five points will stop that.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You're right, there's not enough slots for two Ultras in there, because Ultras take five crits each.  Regular AC/5s take four each, and you are capable of fitting two of them on the arm.

EDIT: Also you should put as much of that ammo in your legs and head as possible.  Losing an arm right now neuters your entire machine.

EDIT II: and maybe a liiiiiiittle armor on the back.  As is, anyone with a machine gun can just drive by and royally **** you up with crits.  Four or five points will stop that.

Nope, can't.
For some reason I have 7, not 8 slots available in the arm.

Also, I have armor on the back, just forgot to enter it.

Meh...Will try fillding some more.

That said U-AC5 + 2 AC2 offer greater DPS than 2 AC5's
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:37:59 pm by TrashMan »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Make sure you have slots available to shift around the dynamic ones.  Remove absolutely everything from that arm and try again.  It's impossible to have less than eight slots available to fit things into an arm if you rip everything out.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken