Author Topic: Mission 5 crash  (Read 3340 times)

Up to Mission 5. The briefing loads, runs through the briefing, as I click commit to start the mission, game crashes.
Debug window appeared as follows:

"Malloc Failed!

ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_Diaspora_R1.exe! <no symbol>
ig4icd32.dll! @ShInitialize@0 + 3440655 bytes
fs2_open_Diaspora_R1.exe! <no symbol>"

(PS really loving the work put into this mod! Keep up the good work guys!  :) :yes: )

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
Hate to be that guy but have you downloaded the latest patch?

indeed I have the update, which is 1.0.2 unless I missed something? every other mission has run like a dream with near best detail.
I've even uninstalled and reinstalled everything and tweaked with settings to see if that helps.  same debug window everytime for mission 5.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Debug log. Instructions in my sig. Except, where it says freespace dirrectory / exe, use Diaspora.

I'm not sure how successful my attached log will be:
in debug mode I can't get past the main menu, so instead of a log for whats going wrong with mission 5, I've got a log and a warning message that seems to be pretty familiar when I search for it around the forum.
"Desperation has 1024x768 loading screen but no 640x480 loading screen"
The log is attached anyway...

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Press "No" when that error appears.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I think we're going to have to edit the SP missions to block that error. Same as I did for the MP ones in 1.0.3.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Here's the debug log for mission 5

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Should have noticed in the last log that you're on Intel Graphics. That's below the recommended specs for the game. That said, some people have had success by turning off Post Processing from the Advanced Settings->Troubleshooting section of the launcher.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

After that last comment about Intel Graphics, found that Diaspora (but strangely not other games) been using integrated graphics instead of my nvidia card...gave it the switch for and whoila!! Max out the graphics and back to splashing toasters! no more CTD or interrupted gameplay  :yes:
boy do I look the look the idiot...

http://i.imgur.com/uKl5M.jpg

Thanks for the help! :)

Razor, how did you change your graphics card?  I seem to have the same Intel issue.

Probably depending on your graphics card, but I changed mine in my Nvidia control panel (find in control panel, performance) , under managing 3d settings, then under preferred graphics processor selecting my graphics card.
I'll post a screen shot later if anyone's interested, worst feel to find a game has been running on Intel graphics and not your expensive graphics card.

Fixed!  Someone should make a note that this seems to be a problem with laptops!