Author Topic: Can't find diaspora folder on mac  (Read 1856 times)

Can't find diaspora folder on mac
i wanted to install mods for practice because I suck at this game, but I cant find the folder...

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Re: Can't find diaspora folder on mac
The Diaspora folder should be in your Applications folder, along with your other applications.

And yeah, the game is tough. I helped with beta testing, and I found the game to be pretty hard.

Some suggestions:

(1) Don't be shy to try playing on Easy difficulty for a while if you need. You can change difficulty in the in-game options menu.

(2) Take a look at Aether's Guide. It has a ton of useful tips.

(3) Make sure you're getting a decent frame rate. The game can be extremely difficult if you have a low frame rate. You can check your frame rate by going to the launcher's advanced settings tab, scrolling down in the flag list to the "Dev Tool" category, and checking "Show frames per second on HUD". The frame rate (FPS) will then appear in the upper-left corner of the screen while you play.

To get a good frame rate, you may need to turn off some of the graphics settings in the launcher's advanced settings tab, like post processing, soft particles, and FXAA. What kind of Mac are you using?

Macbook Pro, 2010

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Hey, that's what I have! :D What screen size? I'm using 15".

I'd say that you'll definitely want to turn the more demanding graphics settings off. Try turning off the graphics options I mentioned before.

For frame rate, I'd say 20 FPS is the absolute minimum for the game to be fun, and 25 is a lot better if you can get it. Other people may have a different opinion, though.

Beat the campaign! I got a, uh 13 inch I think. I put the mods in the mssion folder, but they didn't work. any help?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Which mod are you trying to install?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

nvm! I do have a question about lan games and coop. is coop included with the game? and my brother can't find me when I set up a multiplayer game.
thanks!