Author Topic: Launcher / YAL / OGL / D3D /Registry  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Havner

Launcher / YAL / OGL / D3D /Registry
I'm recently writing portable launcher for 3.6.x FS2 series (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,53206.0.html).

I'm going to implement graphic/sound settings in next few days. Taylor told me once D3D is going to or even is now obsolete. Because of this I'm not going to take care about D3D registry options (OGL only). And I got question about this matter. These are the registry settings that windows launcher writes:
Code: [Select]
CmdLineOptions
ComputerSpeed
ConnectionSpeed
CurrentJoystick
D3D8_AAType
D3D8_Adapter
D3DFast
D3DTextureOrigin
D3DUseLargeTextures
EnableHitEffect
EnableJoystickFF
LastPlayer
ModSelected
NetworkConnection
OGL_AnisotropicFilter
OGL_FSAA
ScreenshotNum
Soundcard
SoundDeviceOAL
SpeechBriefings
SpeechIngame
SpeechTechRoom
SpeechVoice
SpeechVolume
TextureFilter
VideocardFs2open

Could someone authoritatively tell me which of the above options are D3D only and are going to be completely obsolete? I guess everything with D3D on the begining, but what about things like: EnableHitEffect, ComputerSpeed, TextureFilter? I know I could check in sources but that would tell me the current state (where there might be some already obsolete remainings).

Also what about CmdLineOptions, ModSelected? Are those already obsolete? As I've checked code windows version uses cmdline_fso.cfg as well, but would like to make sure.

I'd really apprieciate if someone who knows the subject would mark me all the options above that can safely be ignored as of 3.6.10.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 07:54:29 pm by Havner »
Need a linux launcher? Check here.