Author Topic: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging  (Read 98467 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging
Try %APPDATA%\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\data\players

Offline redmagejoe

• Rage Mage of Ill Fated Gaming
    • Steam
Holy ****, is there a CSS for every campaign in here? Looking at the dates, has it always been storing these here? Should I assume these have all been converted at this point?
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Available for Voice Acting work!
Email me: [email protected]
Steam me: redmagejoe

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There is one PLR (player file) for each pilot, and one CSG (campaign file) for each campaign played per pilot.

Only the most recently accessed player (and maybe campaign) will have been converted.  The others should still be usable.

Offline Darius

Not much information on the campaign but this is the Pandora's Box release thread.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
This might be a good idea to mention that some screenshots from that campaign would be useful so that Joe can pick one for a stream thumbnail.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline ShivanSpS

Hey joe, i didnt undertood that you mentioned me today, thats why i didnt responded you.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
All good. This is the video of yours I was talking about, by the way.

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
I loaded up Pandora's Box in 21.4 and I can say that the music bug is an FSO thing. Would love to know when that gets fixed so I can update to the latest nightly before the next stream! :)

EDIT: In the interim, I looked at the GitHub and saw someone mention that restarting the mission after initial load seems to fix the music. I tried this myself in Pandora's Box, and it does appear to work, so there's that at least. I also re-enabled the MVP 4.5.1 message box and radar icon mods on my end, so it should be a smoother experience. I played ahead a little on the 21.4 profile, and I have to say... I'm probably going to turn at least 1 cheat on every mission. The campaign design is good, the writing is fair, and I appreciate the story they're trying to tell. The mission balance is just dog****.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 07:04:59 pm by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
I did a thing.

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
 :yes:
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Thanks to Urbana of FreeSpace Gaming Network and SilverAngelX for getting me an awesome splash for New Path! The thumbnail is already on the upcoming stream and I've got everything set on StreamLabs. It's lookin' good!

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
 :yes:

The story progression that the ship you didn't choose as mothership gets destroyed by the Iceni, kinda reminded me of an article about Into the Breach (a Tactics-Roguelike) and existential implications of its time-loop and 1-turn rewinds - tl;dr "the greatest monster of in this story is the player, for if they choose to rewind, they are not going back in time but skipping sideways into the next timeline - leaving an entire world to perish just to erase a minor mistake". :)

Until you played the last mission of Uncharted Territory,  I didn't have any idea what I contributed. But appearently at least that Capella background is one of my creations - that's also why it doesn't match up with the MVP version. I would have to check but possible the Gamma Draconis-background is also mine.

Anyway, I am going to try New Path before you go the air tomorrow. It's been on my to-play-list for a while, and now is a good time to turn into a kind of play along :)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Tomorrow is going to be another killer day with New Path, with Urbana (FreeSpace Gaming Network) and SilverAngelX (New Path creator) joining me once again. Hope to see everyone there!
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Ayo, can I get some subs on my lad Colt's channel ahead of this week's stream?

>>> https://www.youtube.com/user/ColtfromFFL <<<

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Hope to catch you all tomorrow for another thrilling episode of Colt's Shepherds! I'm getting excited just thinking about it!

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Vassago's Dirge is next week! Which one of these should I use for the thumbnail? Or does someone want to offer a better one? :P

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Darius

What resolution do you need? The loading screens would make good thumbnails

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
1920x1080 would be ideal, but as long as it's 16:9
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Don't forget to set your clocks forward for Daylight Savings! Don't be an hour late to tomorrow's Vassago's Dirge stream!

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
ice cream party

give me my chair and spoon
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.