Author Topic: error message make me unable to play  (Read 3246 times)

Offline edemark

error message make me unable to play
Hi all I am trying to play fs2 open on linux i followed the wiki on this site
However when I try to play the game i get the following error message:

fs2_oper_r: radeon_state.c:744: radeonUpdateSpecular: Assertion `(p & (1 << 21)) !=0' failed

any idea how to make the game work?
thanks in advance

pd I have a pentium 4 3.06 with an ATI Igp 345 graphic card

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: error message make me unable to play
Do you have the proper Radeon driver installed? Why have I never heard of that graphics card before?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 07:45:06 pm by Mars »

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Are you using a luinix build?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
sizzler, you usually need to compile from CVS on Linux, so it's pretty safe to assume he's using a Linux build

Offline edemark

Thanks to you for the replies
Si I do not use any ati driver as my card is one of the last that is not supported by the propietary ati driver, but by the open ati driver built in xorg and xfree. So as far as it can be done the driver is well installed. And yes I used cvs autogen.sh ./configure make. So for this part it should work perfectly. So getting back to the card this is a chip built in to the mainboard (of my hp-compaq nx 9010 notebook) but i know that the card is good enough for playing the game as the game works with the icculus.org installer and the game installed with the installer.

Any idea?

Offline edemark

Hi i could make a work around though is not a real resolution for my problem but at least it works. If i use -nothl option then the game works but of course in software rendering mode.
I still waiting for your ideas how to make my ati radeon igp 345 work
(just in case this is my lspci:
0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS200/RS200M AGP Bridge [IGP 340M] (rev 02)
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64
        Memory at c4000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
        Memory at c0009000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>)

Pls help me play this game in harware rendering i have 128mb shared memory allocated to this card
thanks again

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
I still waiting for your ideas how to make my ati radeon igp 345 work
I'm afraid that it won't.  I think that the IGP 345 is based on a 7000 or 7500 ATI chipset, and that just isn't good enough to run FSO.  An ATI 9000 or above chipset is pretty much the low end of the minimum requirements (though I think some have manged to get a few of the 8xxx series to work, barely).

You may be able to get the drivers to fake most of the missing hardware stuff in that card, but it would run so slow that you'll hate it.  Sorry.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I've managed to get FSO to run on my second PCs Radeon 7200 so it is possible. Try running it with no media VPs and no fancy graphics settings. It won't look any better than retail but at least you can play the new SCP only missions that way.

However as Taylor says that's not a supported card so if it doesn't work there's not really much we can do about it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]