Author Topic: [RELEASE] Into the Dark Waters  (Read 3594 times)

Re: [RELEASE] Into the Dark Waters
 :lol: That was a good one!  :D Well, back to the "problem", yes, I´ve used the checkpoint, at least twice in order to repeat this mission. So I hit the ALT+J key combination  while the last ship jumps out or just stay there? I´m almost sure I´m relatively close to the jump node as the last ship jumps out. Let me go at it again and see what happens. Thanks for the advice Nyctaeus!  :)

Jumping into the portal :P. Make sure that you are in close proximity of center of the node.

Also did U use chackpoints?

Well, I´ve tried it again. at least two more times. I´ve placed myself right smack in the middle of the Delta Lacertae jump node position but to no avail. The whole convoy escapes, and the last ship passes right by me and the mission does not end, I don´t jump out. Even with all enemy wings destroyed and only the Sathanas present. I´m stuck and unable to leave this mission. I think I´m going to give up on this... Thank for the help anyway!  :doubt:

:lol: That was a good one!  :D Well, back to the "problem", yes, I´ve used the checkpoint, at least twice in order to repeat this mission. So I hit the ALT+J key combination  while the last ship jumps out or just stay there? I´m almost sure I´m relatively close to the jump node as the last ship jumps out. Let me go at it again and see what happens. Thanks for the advice Nyctaeus!  :)

Jumping into the portal :P. Make sure that you are in close proximity of center of the node.

Also did U use chackpoints?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 08:35:36 am by Viriatus79 »

Offline Nyctaeus

• Betrayal is his middle name
  • I speak polgrish!
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Okay... That issue never occured before. We will investigate it today.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | DA Profile | P3D Profile

MY RELEASED CONTENT SO FAR
Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack | Updated Ancients Models
All of my stuff can be used ONLY in Freespace campaigns and missions.

Veteran modder and graphic designer of all kinds. 3D is my speciality. Feel free to PM me if you looking for a model or other GFX help.

Thank you so much. Might it be because of the mission "selection" that I´ve made during the campaign? I mean, I´m not new to the Freespace 2 Universe. The original Freespace, Freespace 2 with the 3.8.0 build and newest Media VPs. Babylon 5 project, Diaspora, Wing Commander Saga and many others mods...ran through all of these! But it still might be me, I guess...  :D Maybe enabling the possibility of making the jump ourselves to end this particular mission? Thank you, once again!  :rolleyes:

Okay... That issue never occured before. We will investigate it today.

Dying 5 times, even by cheats, should allow you to proceed to the next mission anyway, you know.
Mito [PL] - Today at 8:52 PM
I was supposed to make a short presentation about basics of optical fibers and here I am, listening to Eurobeat while reading about quantum cryptography.

Offline Macielos

I think I found the problem. A mission goal requires several transports to be destroyed or departed. Unfortunately, one of them, Nandi, is loaded from mission Exile07 and sexp doesn't include situation where it's been destroyed back in that mission (so it never arrives in current mission). I suspect this is the case.

Noted for 1.2 patch.

A workaround: delete (or rename) file data/scripts/exile07ships and replay the mission without using a checkpoint, you should be able to advance.

Thank you for that MitoPl, that is also stated in the “help tips” when we start Freespace 2 (at the main menu start), but this mod is so good that this kinda bugged me when it happened. The story, the ship models, the soundtrack, everything is so well made that is almost addictive. I’d be happy to help by reporting a (possible) bug.  :yes:

Dying 5 times, even by cheats, should allow you to proceed to the next mission anyway, you know.

Thank you so much for the help Macielos! I will do so!  ;)

I think I found the problem. A mission goal requires several transports to be destroyed or departed. Unfortunately, one of them, Nandi, is loaded from mission Exile07 and  doesn't include situation where it's been destroyed back in that mission (so it never arrives in current mission). I suspect this is the case.

Noted for 1.2 patch.

A workaround: delete (or rename) file data/scripts/exile07ships and replay the mission without using a checkpoint, you should be able to advance.

Worked like a charm, Macielos! Thanks again for all the help!  :yes:

I think I found the problem. A mission goal requires several transports to be destroyed or departed. Unfortunately, one of them, Nandi, is loaded from mission Exile07 and sexp doesn't include situation where it's been destroyed back in that mission (so it never arrives in current mission). I suspect this is the case.

Noted for 1.2 patch.