Author Topic: make it longer? how?  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
i made a scene lighting and stuff and THEN i noticed that stuff is going to fast :( how can i strech out the scene for a longer time period right now its 8 second scene i want it to be say 10 sec but keep the exact camera movements etc. without redoing the entire scene?

and im using lightwave
I hate My signature!

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Originally posted by Ashrak
i made a scene lighting and stuff and THEN i noticed that stuff is going to fast :( how can i strech out the scene for a longer time period right now its 8 second scene i want it to be say 10 sec but keep the exact camera movements etc. without redoing the entire scene?

and im using lightwave

Open the Scene editor, select all your animated objects. Click Scale Keys->Scale  Key Times for Selected Items

You'll get a box that asks you for the start and end frames for the section you want to scale and a multiple.

If you wanted to make an 8s animation into a 10s animation, your scaling factor is 10/8 (that is, 1.25).

That's all there is to it.
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
ok i got the window open it asks for high frame low frame and a scale factor so im kinda dumb in this area what should i insert there and how do i come up with the numbers on my own (and yes i did not go to any CG etc schools)??
I hate My signature!

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Originally posted by Ashrak
ok i got the window open it asks for high frame low frame and a scale factor so im kinda dumb in this area what should i insert there and how do i come up with the numbers on my own (and yes i did not go to any CG etc schools)??

You want to stretch an animation, right? Lets say your animation is 120 frames long, and you want to stretch it ALL to be 240 frames long. You set low frame as 0, high frame as 120 and your scaling as 2.0.

Let's say that your animation is 120 frames long, and you want to stretch JUST THE LAST SIXTY FRAMES out to fill another 120 (total of 240 frames). Yuo set low frame as 60, high frame as 120 and scaling as 3.0 (180/60=3).
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
OH NOW i got it THANX man :))))))
I hate My signature!