Author Topic: Mission Recording  (Read 14474 times)

Offline VERTi60

• I have faith
    • NetStorm HQ
I'm producing many gaming videos to show good gameplay and storyline for many interesting games. I came across The Babylon Project as well and I'm willing to support it with my work. I'm recording many gameplay shots using unregistred Fraps software and then edit them together using Win. Movie Maker. Sometimes if needed, I use Photoshop or Audacity to edit a few shots.

So far I recorded, edited and published these TBP videos:

I offer to record a mission or campaign you made for TBP for promotional purposes. I'd like to record a whole mission, can be standalone or whole campaign.  It's better if it's dubbed too. The more dramatic it is the better.
The recorded material will get edited and possibly changed to achieve best results as possible.
You can start posting requests here and I'll see what I can do. You can also help me make videos better by posting suggestions. Note that I don't have sufficient resources to create gaming videos in top quality, yet. Hopefully you enjoy watching as I do enjoy making them.  :)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 11:40:56 am by VERTi60 »
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed...
...it became something greater: Our last best hope for victory.

-watch or download The Babylon Project: Raider Wars the Movie-

-recorded TBP missions & campaigns-

-Freespace Portal SK-

-NetStorm: Islands at War, free online RTS game-

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Very nice work.  Any chance you could upload them to ModDB too?
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline VERTi60

• I have faith
    • NetStorm HQ
Alright I'll try. You do it here ( http://www.moddb.com/games/the-babylon-project/videos/add ) right?

-Freespace Portal SK-

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
good framerate (my PC is too weak).

Would you consider recording Storming the Castle from RW and Dark Children 2  :lol: ?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline VERTi60

• I have faith
    • NetStorm HQ
I could, but I need those missions first without starting the campaign again (any links?).

I remember RW: Storming the castle is that mission with the assault on raider's asteroid base.

-Freespace Portal SK-

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
You can always extract these missions from the vp and play it stand-alone. Just make sure to move the vp elsewhere so that the mission will appear in your mission list.
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
There's no need to move the vp file, simply extract the missions to your data/ missions folder.

Here is the link to Freespacemods, the vp viewer is in the tools section.

http://www.freespacemods.net/news.php

VPmage doesn't work with TBP though, it can't handle the large filesize.
Use Maja for that.

Offline Vidmaster

Vidmaster has the easiest solution!

- select the campaign
- go the the tech room and change to the mission simulator
- if you finished the campaign previously, you can replay it right away
- if not, press ctrl-shift-s
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:40:54 am by Vidmaster »

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Alright I'll try. You do it here ( http://www.moddb.com/games/the-babylon-project/videos/add ) right?

That should be the place.  If it won't let you let me know your ModDB username and I'll give you access. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
good framerate (my PC is too weak).

Would you consider recording Storming the Castle from RW and Dark Children 2  :lol: ?

I was sure you were going to ask for 2260 M6. 

Offline VERTi60

• I have faith
    • NetStorm HQ
I've uploaded Severed Dreams on MODDB, enjoy: http://www.moddb.com/games/the-babylon-project/videos

Btw that ctrl+alt+S trick isn't quite working for me. Do I need some special build for it?

-Freespace Portal SK-

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I think it's shift-ctrl-s.  Just try the basic combos of alt, ctrl, shift and s.  One will do it. 

Offline CaptJosh

it is indeed Ctrl+Shift+S. Found that out the hard way earlier today.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Vidmaster

I was sure you were going to ask for 2260 M6. 

it's not voice-acted  ;)

Offline VERTi60

• I have faith
    • NetStorm HQ
The first version of Dark Children is alive at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBs4j0Z1UvY

It includes some parts from the born - 1st mission as well and complete second mission.
The final version will include parts from the last mission too, so you'll see how the campaign ends.

I still have to fix some parts and add music, most likely it'll be done sometimes tommorrow or friday.

Edit: new video available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mfqofC8SjQ&fmt=18

Also vid, we can voiceact additional missions you would like to have recorded. Few lines won't be that hard, we just need a script.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 02:12:09 pm by VERTi60 »

-Freespace Portal SK-

Offline Vidmaster

well, all missions should be voice-acted of course :lol: Problem is to organize it.

Thanks for recording. I also recommend Strom the Castle from Raider Wars to be recorded for promo purposes. Finally something we can add to the ModDB page again  :)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
If you record any Raider Wars missions make sure to set the difficulty level nice and high for best visual results. Raider Wars will reduce the number of enemy ships and restrict them from using certain types of weapons (torpedoes mainly) at lower levels. I watched the Severed Dreams movie on the moddb page and was quite impressed. Especially considering that I am not 100% sold on Madaboutgames' Severed Dreams mission :).
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

oh crap, that one was bad.

*getting serious*
Although I got much to say about politics, I won't do it here since this is the TBP forum

That DarkChildren Edit is awesome! Doesn't show intense dogfighting gameplay but like the episode from a different viewpoint.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 09:23:54 am by Vidmaster »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I thought it was good as well.  The only thing is it came out well a little dark.  If possible (and it's not too difficult) can you increase the gamma slightly?  I had to do this when taking screenshots as well.