Author Topic: RELEASE: Trimurti  (Read 58000 times)

Trimurti is a 12-mission campaign that follows the events of Freespace 1 from the perspective of the Shivans.
Please note: This campaign can be very confusing and vague. If during any mission you feel unsure of what you are doing or how to proceed the recommendations on a failure will explain the mission in perfectly clear english.

Installation instructions:
Grab it on Knossos!

Changelog
Hidden Text: Show
Properly hidden delta's names in Good Luck
Regenerate directive made clearer and extended to m4
Scorpion's voice enhanced somewhat
Removed redundant remixed FS1 tracks
Fixed a bugged voice line that didn't get overwritten from 1.0.1
AI classes and enemy numbers and types in many missions adjusted
Fixed improper personas for asura wing in m4
Valk spawn event in m2 made more rigorous
Primary objective in m3 fixed
Fixed a bug where you could get stuck attempting to jump out while regenerating
Guardianed the freighters in m4
Fixed a voice line in m1 that was too quiet
Valks in m3 now warp away after the kestral is destroyed
Updated regenerate events in many missions
Nerfed amelioration's subsystem damage
Fixed weapon animations
Removed some weapons from m7's pool
Cyclone's death scream now properly cuts out
Replaced some missile models
Fixed several bugs in the last mission
Properly unguardianed the Bastion's attack fighters in m10
Made the fact that the isis repair repairs the hope more obvious
Some shivan dialogue adjusted/fixed typos
Changed some cargo container names to hide the fact that their real names are peeking through
Strengthened the Duat's reactor to avoid accidental destructions
Cutscene wings in the final mission made invisible again
Beautiful remastered FS1 Intro by MjnMixael!
Hid some visible names in the last mission
Adjusted some persona messages
Reoriented the Menhit so it won't block Gale if disabled mid-escape
Regenerating now restores the ETS settings when you re-enable, and you can longer use the ETS while regenerating
Fixed a bug where you could give yourself orders while regenerating, as a side-effect until a better solution comes along, you can no longer give orders while regenerating
Removed the Jump Node when the Lucifer is destroyed in Good Luck
Removed some anomalous event logging
M7: Renamed a ship and the mission wont end and the Taranis won't leave until you destroy the Aten
Properly added radar icons to the subspace variants
Removed the Ursa's Synaptics in Good Luck
Fixed the Ursa's spawn in the last mission
Small metadata update to work nicer with Knossos pre 14
Added play-dead-persistent, giving orders while disabled possible again, now requires >= 19.0.0 RC1
Shivan text refactored
Lucy's death scream adjusted
Skjoldr's maps fixed
Fixed a bug in m3 that made the Kestral jump out sooner than intended and cargo greatly strengthened
Made some small adjustments to cutscene irascibilities in the final cutscene
Added awesome new Shivan main hall by MjnMixael!
Fixed a bug that prevented any ship other than nephilims from getting their shields back after regenerating in m8 and m9
Fixed a bug that made that new main hall not actually appear!
MVPs 4.3.x compatability
Fix non-nephilim shields coming back in default nephilim missions
"No homing speed ramp up" for contrition
Better logic for m7 success
Transports actually have vasudans in m7
Only 5% heal in m11 in realspace
Made nephilim bomb only banks bottom two instead of top two so you can take a bomber in m11/12

Credits
MjnMixael for the awesome Shivan mainhall and remastered FS1 Intro
The Scroll of Atankharzim team for the Vasuda Skybox
HerraTohtori for the Earth skybox
HLD_Prophecy for Dark, Ambient 0.1 (the mainhall music)
PIe and JSRNerdo for playtesting
Axem for a useful script to swap ship classes while preserving weapons
Spoiler:
Esarai for the Skjoldr
The Blue Planet team for some sound effects, music, the Orion refit and cosmology
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 01:11:39 am by Asteroth »

Tried getting it on knossos but I got an error saying "FS2 is missing." Also in the description it displays a bunch of strange code

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
I installed FSport to test this and it was worth it. Probably.

Also in the description it displays a bunch of strange code
This is a "feature"
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Tried getting it on knossos but I got an error saying "FS2 is missing."
Should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 10:45:09 pm by Asteroth »

Tried getting it on knossos but I got an error saying "FS2 is missing."
Should be fixed now.

Just got it...and I just realized the weird code is shivan

So, any thoughts on this? Good or ill, especially for something as ... unconventional as this, would be very helpful.

Have you asked one of the staff members to highlight it? It seems a bit unnoticed to me.

I haven't, no. Should I have?

Releases are not as common as they once were, so your chances are good. Admitted, I haven't played it yet, but making 12 missions takes some work, and 300 views after almost 2 weeks is sad. So, yes. :)

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
So sorry I didn't see this before, it looks awesome! I always wanted a campaign like this when I was younger.

Will play!

I don't think we have ever gotten a true campaign from the shivan perspective in freespace before. Tides of Darkness explored that but we played as a former NTF pilot flying shivan ships. Trimurti was a fun little campaign with strange yet straightforward objectives. I had a bit of trouble figuring out the best course of action in some of the missions but nothing resulting in hair pulling :D

I recommend (if possible) we explore FS2 from the shivan POV. Maybe we can get a deeper understanding of what happened when the shivans got bosch and the "12 others" (quoting because of what was revealed in BP). That campaign would be cool IMO. Not demanding it, just sayin :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 10:03:54 pm by CapellaGoBoom »

I recommend (if possible) we explore FS2 from the shivan POV. Maybe we can get a deeper understanding of what happened when the shivans got bosch and the "12 others" (quoting because of what was revealed in BP). That campaign would be cool IMO. Not demanding it, just sayin :)
As I finished Trimurti this idea, of course, played heavily on my thoughts. Would you believe that the biggest obstacle (immediately anyway) is that I've simply run out of storm-themed names for ships? The only untaken ones I believe are Tornado (undesirable because it just makes you think of the FS2 missile) and Typhoon (way too similar-sounding to Typhon, even if there's no actual relation between the words).

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Whoa this looks extremely my ****

I'm sorry to fan-girl like this, but you have no idea how happy I am you've taken notice of this. Your work has been a major inspiration for me.

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
Damn, I haven't played a FS campaign in a while, time to break my dry spell!
Stuff

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum

Would you believe that the biggest obstacle (immediately anyway) is that I've simply run out of storm-themed names for ships? The only untaken ones I believe are Tornado (undesirable because it just makes you think of the FS2 missile) and Typhoon (way too similar-sounding to Typhon, even if there's no actual relation between the words).

The wikipedia section has a bunch of storm types that you might want to try using (check the sidebar). Some of them might be a little too human-sounding, if that makes any sense, but it's worth checking out if you haven't--there's some stuff beyond the storms everybody thinks of (Supercell is my personal fav for the Sath, btw).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever

Would you believe that the biggest obstacle (immediately anyway) is that I've simply run out of storm-themed names for ships? The only untaken ones I believe are Tornado (undesirable because it just makes you think of the FS2 missile) and Typhoon (way too similar-sounding to Typhon, even if there's no actual relation between the words).

The wikipedia section has a bunch of storm types that you might want to try using (check the sidebar). Some of them might be a little too human-sounding, if that makes any sense, but it's worth checking out if you haven't--there's some stuff beyond the storms everybody thinks of (Supercell is my personal fav for the Sath, btw).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm

Largest ship should be called a hypercane imo  ;)
Stuff

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm sorry to fan-girl like this, but you have no idea how happy I am you've taken notice of this. Your work has been a major inspiration for me.

Keep bothering me until I play it. I really mean this, I made bigchunk bother me every week for a YEAR until I played his campaign and it turned out to be one of my favorites ever.

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
Got a taste of all the missions through the Tech Room (yes I'm lazy)

Overall impressions are really positive:
Love the atmosphere, this campaign rivals Sync and BP in terms of eeriness. Like the use of fractal patters for loading screens, seems very fitting for Shivans.
Music choice for briefings is excellent as well.

Last mission gave me the chills, very well done, music was also a wonderful touch. (BTW why are the tracks called Psamtik and Aquitaine?)

I can certainly see the BP inspiration here, this could almost be BP cannon, not that that's a bad thing.
Quite like the use of storms for ships; fits with the theme of Shivans being a force of nature, calling jump nodes web tendrils was also a clever choice.

Mission design is overall solid, but will have to play more to get a better idea.

Keep bothering me until I play it. I really mean this, I made bigchunk bother me every week for a YEAR until I played his campaign and it turned out to be one of my favorites ever.
Yes, I think you'll like it  :)

My only criticism is the use of number sequences for Shivan dialogue, IMO it would have been better to use vague english (like some of the BP stuff), but then again maybe thats just me.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 03:10:23 pm by rubixcube »
Stuff

Offline CKid

This one flew under the radar. Will check it out this weekend.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong