Author Topic: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice v1.0 (Windows, Mac & Linux)  (Read 858558 times)

Re: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice
Thanks for releasing this great mod !

The download of the mod went without troubles but when I try to download the window 1.0.2 patch it's get flagged by ESET 5.2.9.12 (latest definiotions) as a NEW HEUR PE virus and the download of the patch is terminated.

I assume this is a false positive ?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It had no viruses when I uploaded it. So I assume so.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Valathil

• ...And I would have had a custom title if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
  • Custom Title? Wizards need no Custom Title!
NEW HEUR -> new heuristic means it is not a signature detection but one by seeing some virus like patterns in the binary. Thats almost always a false positive if you downloaded it from a reliable source.
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃
┃┃┏┫┃┏┳━━┓┏━━┓┃┗━┳━━┳━━┳━━┓
┃┃┣┫┗┛┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┏┓┃┏┓┃━━┫━━┫
┃┗┫┃┏┓┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┗┛┃┗┛┣━━┣━━┃
┗━┻┻┛┗┻━━┛┗┛┗┛┗━━┻━━┻━━┻━━┛

As a long time fan of BSG, and a frequent lurker here ever since the BTRL days, I can whole heatedly say THANK YOU!  to all involved.

When I fired up the first mission and I'm sitting IN THE FRAKING LAUNCH TUBE with the launch control officer talking to me....HOOKED.  Then launching my MKVII into a battle in progress.  I was right in the middle of an episode.  That was awesome beyond words.

The visuals, the sounds, the music...it's all FANTASTIC.

I can't wait to see what else there is in R2.  I look forward to flying a MKII and getting to see that awesome pit we saw in the video.  I have track IR and LOVE the MKVII and Raptor pits as well.  So much attention to detail.  Well, its really appreciated.  So again, THANK YOU ALL.

Offline lavish

Being a free mod/game - and also the first release - this is very high quality work. Thanks!

The launch tube start was an amazing introduction for me too, even though I was never much of a fan of the show. The perfect attention to detail throughout the whole campaign too. And then the beautiful flight model was a joy to ... stuff. (I haven't really spoken English in almost a year, the words are not coming.)

Simply, I loved every minute of it. Even having to start mission 6 like four or five times before I got through without a crash :p

Speaking of tube launches: would it be stepping on anyone's toes if I posted a mission with them? I saw there is a tutorial on them in the works.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Of course there is no objection. We have an entire subforum devoted to people making 3rd party missions and mods. :)

Very excited, can't wait to get this downloaded and installed.
Time is Relative, Ideas are Infinite

BOO! I've been watching this game for the longest time. All the way back to when the team was part of that "other" project. So here I was lurking and never registered here. Game launches and I go to register only to find out my call sign is considered spam on the forums?!

NO! You guys used "Theseus" in-game for the Battlestar? Bah! That's the call sign I used for the last two years when I started in Battlestar Galactica Online (Closed Beta).

So, I had to resort to using my other online nickname here... but I'll still be using "Theseus" in-game.

Aside from that, congratulations to the development team. I know it's been a LONG road. I've kept an eye on you guys just hoping you make it happen. I'll be interested to see how much this picks up and hoping to see a bunch of servers online for multiplayer runs.

Is there a system yet for dedicated servers? I'd love to set one up. Maybe bring back the Headhunters from the BGO days! Wee!
Maj. John "Theseus" Shields, CAG
9th Fighter Squadron "Headhunters"
Colonial Fleet, Battlestar Atlantia

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You simply have to select the "Run as standalone server" option from the advanced settings->Multiplayer section of the launcher.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Good luck with that I gave up on standalone servers over a year ago.  Way too many bugs in that code to keep a server up past a game or 2.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'm actually reviewing the multiplayer code at the moment. With luck I should be in a good position to fix some of those bugs soon.

Offline tarasis

After following BtRL for so long, its implosion and this being born, I had ended up forgetting about it. Very pleased that this has come out and I really look forward to playing it. Hopefully my system will survive long enough :)

Well done everyone involved.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
What's wrong with your system?

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
From the sound of it, it's just somewhat dated, and Diaspora can put a strain on low-end systems.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
See if you can snatch up GameBooster Free Edition from somewhere, that may help, at least with memory, possibly with a bit of CPU too.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
See if you can snatch up GameBooster Free Edition from somewhere, that may help, at least with memory, possibly with a bit of CPU too.

Or, you know, don't do that.

(Here's a free hint, jr2: Modern operating systems are not memory-limited. Freeing memory by force screws more things up than it solves.)

Also, it's never a good idea to throw out solutions to problems you can only speculate exist.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Err.. I was thinking, by dated, Pentium D 2.x GHz with maybe 2GB RAM.  They are still out there, you know.. of course, maybe it's not quite that dated..  Basically, even a system with those specs should be able to run the game.  Problem is they have all the crapware pre-installed on the system all set to run at startup.  Rather than sorting through all that, I was thinking it'd be easier to just kill all unnecessary processes with GB and then re-launch them after the game.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
See, you're making a lot of assumptions that are all based on one throw-away line in a post. Can you see how those assumptions may not be valid?

An analogy:
Assume you are a salesperson. Assume a customer comes up to you and tells you that he likes the shop you have, and isn't the weather ghastly?
Do you a) engage in small talk, trying to figure out what you can do for the customer, or b) Assume that the customer wants to buy a whole set of bad-weather clothing/a tropical holiday?

If you've answered a), Congratulations! Now try and apply that to your posts here.
If you've answered b), ask yourself whether you know enough about the customer to make any good recommendations.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Yes but since GB is free, if the advice is bad, it doesn't really matter, nothing is really lost.  :doubt:

EDIT: In your example, it'd be like mentioning that the local convenience store is giving away free umbrellas with the stipulation that you also take one of their weekly flyers.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:56:17 am by jr2 »