Author Topic: spoilers and plot twist discussion  (Read 13379 times)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: spoilers and plot twist discussion
I sure hope Steele will die falling from stairs. That's all that mofo deserves.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline ION3

Perhaps his reactor will blow up from all the jumping around?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
That would be an excellent plot twist.

Offline -Norbert-

a) The Vishnans are energy being... It's hinted in BP that the Shivans are something similar...Possibly Energy being who can take solid form...Like Lorien or the Vorlons in B5
This could actually be a good explenation for the mechanoid aspects of the shivans. Those bodies are actually encounter suits that are "inhabited" by the Shivans either beause their energy bodies can't interact otherwise with physical beings, or to hide their true nature.

c) Samuel Bei was turned into a "sorta-vishnan" - energy being but not quite part of the Vishnan conciensness...but it gained the Vishnan's a better understanding of humanity. Possibly he could have bridge between the Vs and humanity...A sort of Locutus-of-Borg.
Samuel wasn't changed. They took his spirit/mind/personality/whatever and projected or even moved it into a ship. But his body remained as it was, stored (kinda) safely in the Keeper. That he returned to his body after the Keeper was destroyed, makes it more likely that he was only projected and not completely moved into the ship.

4) Shivans and Vishnans are not Seperate species...They are different Aspects of the SAME race...
I'll explain this in a seperate thread soon...It's Vorlon related, so it will be complecated...
Not too complicated. One faction wanted to best the Shadows within the rules, while the other thought pretty much "screw those stupid rules and just wipe out anyone touched by the shadows".

Offline -Sara-

I imagined Samuel was linked up in the Preserver ship not unlike how individuals in the Matrix are 'plugged in'.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
That would be an excellent plot twist.
I've been thinking about this - the tech room description gets at the fact he's almost risking the Atreus jumping around with such frequency. Or maybe some crewman would just be broken and something goes wrong and put him in some wrong place.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Useful Dave

• I'm Useful
I predict that Laporte will end up having to have a mental face off with a Nagari-potential unlocked/boosted Steele in order to try and prevent her unleashing the Shivan menace upon the GTVA. It will turn out that the Vasudan which passed her the schematics was actually a member of the Hammer of Light.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I predict that Laporte will end up having to have a mental face off with a Nagari-potential unlocked/boosted Steele in order to try and prevent her unleashing the Shivan menace upon the GTVA. It will turn out that the Vasudan which passed her the schematics was actually a member of the Hammer of Light.

Walk the Perimeter, Check your Six, they sneak in through dreams.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I'm pretty sure someone like Steele knows better than staging last stands. He is more valuable defeated but alive than glorious and dead.

The Battle of Phi Serpentis in Haloverse was Cole's last stand. He was apparently killed when he detonated that gas giant. But later analysis places odds at 89.9% chance in favour of him surviving and escaping. Because Cole was just that Badass (He's the biggest badass in the Haloverse)...and was crazy prepared.

What I'm saying is that Steele is equally badass. And that when he has his battle, it will apparently end in his death, only for him to return and be as awesome ever.
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
It's Halo. Badassness doesn't really exist there. Just Hollywood-esque actors.

Trolololo

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
I think Halo runs on rule of cool far more than Blue Planet. I can't tell, though, having only played Halo CE
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
You played the best Halo. So yeah, I can understand how you feel.

Off-topicness shall end now, shouldn't it ?

From the old thread:
With correct formatting:

Spoiler:
The Voices in the Womb spoke wordlessly.
Infancy is amnesia yet you remember them.
As a child you were told I was only in your head, yet where else are voices ever heard?
You are not mad, nor have you ever been.
You are no mystic, you are a made thing, gifted with an ear for the quantum whisper.
You draw a line between two worlds: the world of fighters and armor and briefings, and the world of dreams and portents.
But this dreamscape, this child's phantasmagoria, is a glimpse into a world just as real and deadly, a place of strategems of treachery and power that seems to you as strange as a briefing would seem to an ape.
REMEMBER THIS:
Those who walk among infinite worlds must still wage war. Do not be lulled by the
soft words of mysticism and spirituality. We too struggle with our own war in heaven.
Our purpose is unclear, the old design fails.
We perform bakhti and Tapasya in order to divine the will of those who passed deeper eons ago, leaving us to preserve, and our brothers in dance to their frigid watch at the border where worlds fray and blur together.

Brothers, Brothers, Paramatma! Why are you so cold? You tend to the walls and the clockwork, while we the gardeners execute your will upon all the life within. You maintain the old plan, but do not pretend surprise when we cast it aside.
Your creators blundered once, and in doing so, unleashed the deepness that stalks the cold roads of the cosmos.

We must prepare.

Second part:

Balance must be maintained. The original plan is imperative.
We seek the one out of many, the one who can match the brahmans of old.
Enlightenment is a threshold, the catalyst for amalgamation, for the singularity that binds whole species into the union we seek.
The old burnt the cosmos clean in the wars of their youth.
Never again will that price be paid.

It sounds to me that the first part is the Shivans talking and that the second part is the Vishnan response.

Any other ideas as to what this mission could be?
This is my only contribution to FSSCP

These mods are made from natural code that we pump in from retail. If you tried to run one, it would be like standing outside with nostalgia and pure awesome shining on your face. It would also set your computer on fire, so don't actually do it.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Refer to the dicussion on the topic you linked that from.  Moderately lengthy discussion about that in the first two pages, I think it was. :P

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
My gut feeling is that the device is connected with the Jester and possibly the Emperor, working independently of the Parliament.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.