Author Topic: GTC Duke and Persistent Variables  (Read 2524 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
GTC Duke and Persistent Variables
I just played AoA on 3.6.12 final and I noticed that the damage I did to the Duke's engines as it headed to the node was magically repaired in the one immediately afterwards. But I know that mission has a bunch of persistent variables named after major subsystems cause I know it crashed 3.6.13 Ant 8 builds until I fixed a bug with persistent variables.

Are those variables meant to do anything still? If so I might have to start bug hunting to see what's going on there.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: GTC Duke and Persistent Variables
Let me take a peek.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It appears the variables are recorded, but never applied at the start of the next mission.  :blah:

This might be worth touching up just for the sake of polish, but to be honest I never want to roll out another AoA update again. In the meantime I suspect you're in the clear codewise.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
This might be worth touching up just for the sake of polish, but to be honest I never want to roll out another AoA update again. In the meantime I suspect you're in the clear codewise.
Wat? Conveniently missions are located in the Core package that is little over 200 KB large, so hardly a problem buddy. Besides, Core will have to be updated anyway at some point for some tabling improvements, such as better weapon loadout description for Balor.

And when someone gets to optimize new-gen Terran ships, Visuals1 has to be updated. Sorry, but there should be updates to AoA as long as BP is supported by its staff.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:01:08 pm by Fury »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yeah I guess you're right.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Once BP is completely done, we'll end up in the same position as FSPort and TBP. Much of what we have to do then is to maintain the mod's compatibility and continue fixing any bugs that may surface each time its compatibility is updated.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?