Author Topic: Freespace Open & GoG Galaxy  (Read 1150 times)

Freespace Open & GoG Galaxy
Anybody know a way to launch Wxlauncher thru GoG Galaxy?Wxlauncher is installed in a separate folder inside the Freespace one.
Im guessing there is a command line that you can use,but I have no ideea how it should look.I just wanna play Freespace Open Port thru the Galaxy launcher so it records my time.
Any advice?Thank You.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Re: Freespace Open & GoG Galaxy
You could probably mess with Galaxy's SQLite databases to achieve this... but I'd advise against it. It's more trouble than it's worth.

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Whether or not this is possible, I'd recommend using Knossos instead of wxLauncher.  Knossos is a lot easier to use and it won't make a difference as to what you're trying to do here.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Back in the XFire days i achieved this with a simply rename of the fs2open.exe into FS2.exe (with a backup of the original file of course)  :D

Because you need a launcher only to set up your inital settings more easily. After that it is stored in a file and is used in every subsequent start of the executable.

So you can use wxlauncher only to change your activated mod, but you do not need it otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:58:32 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Renaming Fs2open to FS2 worked,can't believe I didn't think of it.I did the same thing to other games so they work with galaxy,but it didn't cross my mind here.
Thank you, I can finally play this in sweet HD.