Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 237772 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I'm assuming you're using MCEdit Trashman

This guy tried the same thing, but as per expected, didn't turn out
"I used WorldTrim v1.0. I tried MCEdit but it seemed like it deleted the blocks without deleting area if that makes sense. Plus it took forever and when I was done the file size was the same. WorldTrim v1.0 is a little tricky because it’s all command line but it works and it works fast, http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admin-worldtrim-v1-0-removes-excess-chunks-from-your-world.21773/"

"No"

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

"I used WorldTrim v1.0. I tried MCEdit but it seemed like it deleted the blocks without deleting area if that makes sense. Plus it took forever and when I was done the file size was the same. WorldTrim v1.0 is a little tricky because it’s all command line but it works and it works fast, http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admin-worldtrim-v1-0-removes-excess-chunks-from-your-world.21773/"

If you're using MCEdit, just use the "delete chunks" command rather than the delete command. Delete removes blocks, delete chunks removes the actual compressed chunk file.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Version 1.3 changed the falling damage, or seems to have.

According to the wiki, a player takes damage falling from 4 blocks. But experimenting tonight I didn't take damage until a 6 block fall (half a heart, when it should have been 1.5 hearts).

I don't know if this is a bug or if it's just a deliberate change that people don't seem to be aware of.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
UPDATE:

Real World:
 - Lava buckets now work.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
UPDATE:

Real World:
 - Lava buckets now work.

Smelt ALL the things!
"No"

Five were met by three, whose fury were unlike any other's.   The battle lasted for hours and two fell, but when the sound arrows whistling through the air ceased, it was the five who stood victorious.

TL:DR

Venimus, Vidimus, Vincimus

Congrats guys! I wish I could've been here, my dad's birthday was today though so no time for Minecraft. :P Also good to know The End will be open for business in the future, I think I may want to sorta repeat what I did in the old server, except hopefully much better (its a fun challenge to build in a open void of nothingness in Survival).
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Was playing on the Nomadcraft server and my faction allied with another that had VIPs (read: Donators) in it. They proceeded to use the alliance chat to track down our base in full enchanted diamond EVERYTHING, and stay next to the one bed the faction owned, killing us as we spawned. This lasted for quite some time, until we ran out of faction power and they torched the place (it was an arial jungle village in the making, with several hours constant work gone into it). After we moved and let a newbie into the faction to bolster our numbers and faction power, they accepted a teleport request for the head of the enemy faction RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR UNFINISHED BASE. We didn't even have anything to take, it was just griefing at that point.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Since the server is running Runecraft, I thought I'd look it up and see what all was possible with that mod. There is a ton of stuff, and really, really interesting things, some that even seem way too powerful.

Are there any limits on the runes allowed on the server?

And is there - or will there be - some sort of central teleporter hub, like a rail station but with individual teleporters instead?

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Since the server is running Runecraft, I thought I'd look it up and see what all was possible with that mod. There is a ton of stuff, and really, really interesting things, some that even seem way too powerful.

Are there any limits on the runes allowed on the server?

Currently there is no limit. Unless people prove there needs to be one, there won't be.

And is there - or will there be - some sort of central teleporter hub, like a rail station but with individual teleporters instead?

There is. It's in the desert west of spawn island, viewable on dynmap.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Version 1.3 changed the falling damage, or seems to have.

According to the wiki, a player takes damage falling from 4 blocks. But experimenting tonight I didn't take damage until a 6 block fall (half a heart, when it should have been 1.5 hearts).

I don't know if this is a bug or if it's just a deliberate change that people don't seem to be aware of.

Actually I suspect the server is just set up with reduced falling damage no?
Yesterday I fell from a height where I was sure I would have died but took paltry damage instead. I've heard Grimp surprised to have survived a fall as well which suggests I'm not the only one.

Either way, should come in handy when I'm building my towers hahaha

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Wow...when you check the wiki, there really is a ton of crazy stuff you can do with those runes.  The Bows of Light and Translocation seem especially fun.  It also looks like there's some sort of permissions list to disable certain runes, so that's an admin option if we want to get rid of some of the wackier ones.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:52:33 pm by Mongoose »

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Wow...when you check the wiki, there really is a ton of crazy stuff you can do with those runes.  The Bows of Light and Translocation seem especially fun.  It also looks like there's some sort of permissions list to disable certain runes, so that's an admin option if we want to get rid of some of the wackier ones.

Translocation
I just had a flashback of Unreal Tournament
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Okay quarrying is very tedious work.  But since this is the first time I'm doing it, and the first time I'm attempting anything truly large-scale, I guess it's all part of the process.

And in the interest of full disclosure, I decided I might as well take my best crack at doing something with Headdie's original house on the old server after all.  I figured no one else would care either way, but I'm looking at it as something of an interesting forensic puzzle.  I mean, most of what was there is just a big square hole extending down to bedrock, so trying to figure out what was there based on a few remaining floating torches and slabs is a nice challenge.

"I don't like the look of that cloud!

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Okay quarrying is very tedious work.  But since this is the first time I'm doing it, and the first time I'm attempting anything truly large-scale, I guess it's all part of the process.

And in the interest of full disclosure, I decided I might as well take my best crack at doing something with Headdie's original house on the old server after all.  I figured no one else would care either way, but I'm looking at it as something of an interesting forensic puzzle.  I mean, most of what was there is just a big square hole extending down to bedrock, so trying to figure out what was there based on a few remaining floating torches and slabs is a nice challenge.

good luck with that :D
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, it's pretty much a big mess of open space and random floating things, so I have very little idea what I'm doing. :p

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
To add to the confusion there was no real plan behind it so several paths intersect and some bits go off in illogical directions and some paths duplicate each other.  have fun because I have completely forgotten how it was laid out.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

By the way guys, that floating island thing of Hounds is being drawn all over the dynamap. I suspect every time it stopped it got added to the dynamap so now it shows up in about 12 different places.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Unforunately I know nothing about java, so as it is I can't even start this program....
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Then use the advice Qaz gave about MCEdit
Or is it MCEdit that you're talking about...
"No"