FreeSpace Releases > Asset Releases

[RELEASE] - Headz Anis (6 sets)

(1/8) > >>

Black Wolf:

[EDIT] Full set of six released  - Download Here

So, awhile ago, we all pooled some money together and paid for a Vasudan to be modelled. It's a pretty cool mesh, and it's going to serve very well when Mjn redoes the cutscenes, but unfortnately there haven't really been too many concrete bonuses to FREDders or modders from it. Yet. Well, having been prodded by mjn as part of a deal we did, I finally got around to rigging the mesh up for poser and getting it animatable. The results look like this (so far):

So, for those who want it, here's (as far as I know) the first new set of Vasudan head animations that have been made since FS2 was released: https://www.mediafire.com/?a4o8dmdc7tf45ma

Now, this first set, I want to emphasize, is very primitive. They will improve over time - I will probably need to go back and fix some of my grouping, probably reconvert the mesh into Poser, make some other changes, but I wanted to release this one because:

A) Vasudans are ridiculously, insanely underrepresented in the head anis, especially if you're using any of my Terran ones - dozens of terrans, two Vasudans (command type, a couple of fighters in there too). For a whole species. 2. Frankly, I would have released something half as good as this just to start to redress that balance, but also,
B) Given that the community as a whole paid for the model, it felt wrong to hold on to something like this, even if it's not technically at the level I want it to be at.

So, here everyone goes then. :) I promise this is only the beginning for this endeavour. The zods, just by their nature (and the nature of the available material) are going to be kind kind of samey in a setting like this, so I probably wont do as many as I've done the Terrans. But expect more over the coming weeks and months anyway, if only to redress that imbalance a little bit. Feel free to give feedback and make comments, but remember that I'm kind of feeling my way through here, so I can;t promise I'll be able to do anything about even the good ideas. But I will read them all and take them on board as much as possible.

[EDIT]For the record, the second head ani will look like this:

Note the slightly different head shape, more pronounced horns, better lighting and more contrast in the texture, more detail in the BG. Overall, it'll be a better set, although the movements may still be a tad meh. I'll sort them out soon enough though.

[EDIT2]Now animated!

FPS is faster ingame, can't find a decent GIF program to change it in.

Lepanto:
Yes! YES! Thank you!  :yes: You'll probably be making a lot of modders happy with new Zod headanis! Yeah, they might not be the best-quality, but even these are still quite useable.

Shivan Hunter:
bup bup bup-bup bup bup bup

these are awesome

Nyctaeus:
You are great :D

Black Wolf:
Second set of anis done.

Second set only

One and Two combined

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page