Author Topic: Weapons in Operation Templar  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Solatar

Weapons in Operation Templar
So, I'm not automatically disagreeing with it, but why isn't the Avenger allowed for the ported version of Operation Templar?  It seems unlikely they'd phase it out at least until the introduction of the Subach.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: Weapons in Operation Templar
because it was not supplied with the retail version
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Solatar

The point of the ported version was to use FS1 era weapons.  I understand the Prometheus R being included in both (for obvious reasons), but I don't quite understand the argument for leaving out the Avenger.  Surely it would have still been in use at this point (it wasn't really 'replaced' until the Subach).

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Because if we had included the Avenger, you wouldn't use anything else (especially not the Prometheus R.)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Noone uses the Prom-R anyway...
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Solatar

Because if we had included the Avenger, you wouldn't use anything else (especially not the Prometheus R.)

Fair enough, honestly.  I wasn't looking for a world changing reason, this works for me.  :)

I use the Prom R with the S-Breaker in one or two missions where I don't want to fly a Valk or Herc.