Author Topic: Mechwarrior 5 ???????  (Read 12704 times)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I liked how you could only put ballistic weapons in ballistic slots, energy weapons in energy weapon slots, etc.  That was inovative and true to btech.

Yes, that's also something I like very much. The mechlab in MW4 was quite good, and we are trying to create the same now for OT :)

So, Mechwarrior (the one with the cool trailer from last, warhammer fighting jenner and atlas) is NOT dead ? I thought this one was killed because the Warhammer is unseen and looks so much like the macross tomahawk (to bad if the japanese are not able to make their branch to money, but NO, they had to kill the other one  :doubt: ) This game would be one of the few, I would even by a new computer for  ;7
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

http:mektek.net

All I can say is this :(

Well, I have all selled releases, though some (especially Mercs) are in german. BTW; mektek, how can I get a hand on the free release with all mechpaks ? This MTX programm is the biggest pile of crap I have ever encountered. I downloaded the file via torrent, but now I can't open it because it's mtx. I would really like to kick somebodys ass for that 

@Raven : Thanks, I will check these sites.

Just noticed, you also posted a mtx file. This ****ing program is not working. Seems like someone tried to created a steam clone and just produced an epic fail :( Any download for the already extracted stuff ?

The file is already extracted, I believe. All it costs is some time to download it (it's > 1 GB) and make the folder containing this stuff. (MTX is bad, MTX extractor is decent, but requires some kind of Torrent client, and this takes some time.).

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
I liked how you could only put ballistic weapons in ballistic slots, energy weapons in energy weapon slots, etc.  That was inovative and true to btech.

Yes, that's also something I like very much. The mechlab in MW4 was quite good, and we are trying to create the same now for OT :)

So, Mechwarrior (the one with the cool trailer from last, warhammer fighting jenner and atlas) is NOT dead ? I thought this one was killed because the Warhammer is unseen and looks so much like the macross tomahawk (to bad if the japanese are not able to make their branch to money, but NO, they had to kill the other one  :doubt: ) This game would be one of the few, I would even by a new computer for  ;7
Not dead yet. Smith & Tinker and Piranha Games made no mention of it being canceled, and their website still says that it's in development. I don't expect the Warhammer to be seen again, though. At least, not in its current form.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hm, that's at least some good news. I'm really eager to see, if the ingame graphic does really look like that. I simply can't believe it :) Every stray shoot made damage in the city background, that was so cool :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:48:16 am by Starman01 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
Definitely use the separate MTX extractor on the MTX file. Much less buggy, though there is a new version of MTX client in the works.

Make sure your AV definitions are up to date, or temporarily disable any active scanners when you install, as they do seem to suffer from a lot of false positives and that can corrupt your installation.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Are you sure it's safe, when there are so many erros from the AV ?
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Microsoft made up some mechs, and in the briefings made a big deal out of each and every one.  As far as I was concerned the only one I liked was the cougar.

You jackass. :P The 'Mechs are pretty much legit. The Cougar in particular was in TRO:3060 and MC1 well before MW4 released. (It might also have been in Field Manual: Crusader Clans, but  I haven't checked that recently.) The Hellion, Thanatos, and Chimera are in TRO:3070. The only 'Mech that was totally made up was their version of the Hellhound.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
explains why i liked the cougar
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
TRO 3067(not 3070), and I'm pretty sure they were simply canonizing the new MS Mechs in there. IIRC, the MW4: Vengeance box even boasted of, "x new Mechs never before seen in the BattleTech Universe".

TRO 3067 was released in 2002, MW4: Vengeance(where most of the MS mechs first appeared) was 2000.

It look like about 1/3 of TRO 3067's IS Mechs are the new MW4-MW4:Mercs lineup, with a few more from MechCommander(Stilleto) and MechCommander2(Anubis, Razorback, Sha Yu, possibly the Lao Hu). Of the Clan Mechs, only the Mad Cat Mark II was taken, AFAIK.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It look like about 1/3 of TRO 3067's IS Mechs are the new MW4-MW4:Mercs lineup, with a few more from MechCommander(Stilleto) and MechCommander2(Anubis, Razorback, Sha Yu, possibly the Lao Hu). Of the Clan Mechs, only the Mad Cat Mark II was taken, AFAIK.

The Capellan stuff, the Fafnir and and Templar, and the Hellion/Stilleto are from Field Manuals that were released contemporary to the game. More to the point, it doesn't matter if they're making it legit, they're still legit now. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I loved the MW4:Merx Hellhound.  Hands down favorite medium of the game.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yes, I also liked the look of it. It's also in our mod, btw :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Yes, I also liked the look of it. It's also in our mod, btw :)

Yeesssss! The Hellhound <3
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

Best early mech in the game
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Best early mech in the game

Nah. I still go with the Uziel anyday.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
By the way, I think the only legal trouble that the new Mechwarrior got into was the use of the Unseen in the trailer.  Seems those mecha copyright holders are still throwing a fit, 15 years later.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Indeed. Like I said, they were to dumb to make money out of their franchise, but likely we have the modern law. If you are to dumb to do something, get yourself a lawyer and sue those who can.

Yesterday I read somewhere that Smith&Thinker still has it on their website, but no more update has been postet, they are doing some handy game crap instead.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Cipher

• Target verified, commencing hostilities!
Seems those mecha copyright holders are still throwing a fit, 15 years later.

you also have to understand that if they don't do anything to protect the copyrights, there would be no reason for the copyright to be there in the first place. and the owner of robotech has a lot of other things raking in money so he can do these legal battles.
What sad world do we live in, where we turn a serious post about a threatening virus into a free-for-all lol pic convention?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Out of curiosity, since I don't really know much about it, why did the creators of BattleTech decide to essentially rip off those anime mech designs in the first place?  You'd think they would have realized that it was some pretty clear-cut copyright infringement, and it's definitely caused a quite a mess over the years.

Offline Cipher

• Target verified, commencing hostilities!
actually, fasa wasn't the creator of battletech, while yes they did make a lot of the rules/mechs/guns/equipment.

ok, there was this company that made Battledroids, it had the unseen mechs in it, and they did get permission from harmony gold to use the art. well the company sold Battledroids to fasa, and fasa renamed it battletech, and they kept making the stuff till harmony gold realized that fasa was useing the art w/o their written permission (because fasa misplaced it somewhere, so they had none). so now Battletech is owned by Topps, with catalyst doing the major stuff for it now. so battletech is pretty much all over the place while robotech has stayed with the same owner.

now a little fun fact about smith and tinker, the founder had founded fasa before founding smith and tinker.
What sad world do we live in, where we turn a serious post about a threatening virus into a free-for-all lol pic convention?