Author Topic: NEWS : Alpha-Build Release  (Read 24419 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: NEWS : Alpha-Build Release
Nope. 1280x1024, donno if the game is in that setting.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

This freeze is something that used to happen to me at lower resolutions in stock, though I haven't experienced it in OT. This is by no means a definitive solution, but it worked for me then, so it may work for you now. Go into your User/appdata/local/virtual Store and in the Omnitech folder, open the Config file in notepad and change the resolution setting to 5. Boot up a mission (the menu is stuck at 800x600 like MW4) and see if that helped.

Edit: Try 4 if that does strange things to your monitor, though it shouldn't.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:55:20 pm by PsychoLandlord »

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
This happens to me too, I think there is still a bug in the bumping of the polygon limit.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Thats odd. I haven't had crashes of any kind, and I tend to abuse the zoom feature.

I did just have a really weird glitch though. I started the Mission where you steal a few Davion mechs, and as soon as I loaded the mission, all of my mechs suddenly suffered critical damage and exploded. As near as I can tell they weren't shot at, since it happened literally right after the loading screen. I loaded the mission up a second time, changing nothing about my lance, and nothing happened that time. Tried it a third time, still no issues. Might have just been a weird little hiccup, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, i have a mission with a very big city and therefore lots of polys on screen. When I move to far out there, it crashes. I will try to add a little fog, though the original fog is quite ugly :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Hey Guys. Firstly would like to say amazing job. Haven't played MC2 for years, but this has got me back into it. I am however having a big problem in the campaign when either trying to buy components, or occasionally modifing my mech. Its mostly a problem with buying components however, as it pretty much always, upon clicking on the components tab, crashing and exiting the game with the following error message.

EXCEPTION : Attempt to read from address 0x0000000C in MC2REL! (+0x1F7FE4)
Address   : 0x005F8FE4
Location  : MC2REL! (+0x1F7FE4)

Any help would be great

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
We are very sorry, but the current logistic system is very buggy, which is one reason why it will be completly redone. What exactly are you doing / playing ? Maybe I can offer at least some help to reduce the crashes
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

I am playing the Carver V campaign at the moment. At first there were no crashes at all, but then they steadily became more frequent further in. Since I got the thunderbolt? missiles from a weapons depot, now crashes every time I click it. I'm guessing its just a case of more weapons being added so more crashes. For now I will try the Exodus campaign and see if I have any problems there.

Looking forward to the next realease :)

Offline magic

Hm, I'm getting a freeze when I zoom in too far.

In which mission? I had some freezes only on MW2 camp MW2_1_2 mission, all other MW2 and Exodus missions worked well on max zoom out. Didnt tested Carver 5 though.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Carver V.
I got it on a few missions.
Uh...the one with the pwned base and the reinforcements streaming in, and on the one where you go free the Davion dropship.

It happens when you try to get as close a look as possible at your mechs by zooming in all the way.
Zooming out is fine.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline ThorC

i had the same thing happen, just thought it was a(me only) thing. it happens randomly

I'm getting close to those missions, so I'll let you guys know whether or not it happens to me. So far I haven't had any crashes save for that Hellcat on Killdeer, even with extensively modding my mechs. Let's see if my lucky streak holds.

Well, i went through all campaigns, not on elite setting but nevertheless, fun and respectable game, quite stable for alpha.
Did encounter zoom problem, as well error message described above  but only on Carver Campaign and always when i
tried to get into components shop. The other problem was bought clan tech dispirited from stash if not mounted on mech,
and custom Battlemaster with ECM suit from Davion dropship mission converted into normal one in mechbay.
Two times mech got stuck in one place, couldn't move it even after reloading mission.
Wouldn't say that modding mech made mech/component bay unstable..
Applaud for all who helped this old game back to life,thx.   

Offline magic

Solution for zoom in crushes:

Open file system.cfg and change:
f MinPerspective = 10.0   //20.0
and
f MinOrtho = 10.0   //20.0   

back to 20.0.

Excellent. I just hit one on the Davion Dropship mission too. Thanks Magic.

Offline Outlaw

Must say i quite enjoyed the MW2 recreation, was spot on from the way I remember it, a few crashing issues but thats to be expected from an alpha build, still more stable than a lot of alpha and betas i have tried before. Cant wait to see how things turn out, especially if you get Multi-Player up and running again.

Offline magic

Thank you Outlaw.

At least someone that enjoyed MW2 mercs campaign.

All I got so far was negative and very negative comments based mostly on "poor maps", no unlimited everything and no tons of mechs and mecwarriors?

I focused on gameplay and change from MW to MC was not an easy one.

Offline Cipher

• Target verified, commencing hostilities!
so far i have a few things to say.

Why does the thug and that other new inner sphere heavy have clan basic sensors and cost the same as a clan mech?
Maybe it's just me, but has all the guns gotten a range increase?

well, how hard would it be to increase the fire rate of the large x pulse laser and decrease it damage to the way it was in the mc1 expansion, because i would love to see that ;)
What sad world do we live in, where we turn a serious post about a threatening virus into a free-for-all lol pic convention?

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
Definitely. On the other hand, I believe 'minimum ranges' on long/mid-range weapons also increased, as well, so short-range weaponry is of more use, especially against fast, close range designs(though one could just have 'Mechs always travel in pairs and shoot the fleasFire Ants off each other's backs).

Offline magic

so far i have a few things to say.

Why does the thug and that other new inner sphere heavy have clan basic sensors and cost the same as a clan mech?

well, how hard would it be to increase the fire rate of the large x pulse laser and decrease it damage to the way it was in the mc1 expansion, because i would love to see that ;)

Well spotted! The thug and intruder csvs are made from thor.csv and I forgot to change sensors, will do.

All ranges are increased, range limits too.

I did a little test and increased all weapon ranges 3-4 times. Like in the real life, sometimes you can see missiles flying your way, and just dont know whose shooting at you!