Author Topic: Building wishlist  (Read 9430 times)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hey there,

since a game like Mechcommander is also based a lot around the complexity of the maps, I thought about starting a thread here, where you all can post wishes about assets, that you would like to see on the map and that is currently not inside our object portfolio.

So, let the wishing begin :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 11:32:23 am by Starman01 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Arcalane

• Wait, I'm supposed to use evasive maneuvers?
    • Wyrdysm Games Forums
One thing that occurs to me when looking at the building options is a distinct lack of reinforced concrete-esque heavy-duty buildings, in the same vein as the Hardened Resource Building, but with diverse functions. Military installations are often partially sunk into the ground, or even completely buried into mountainsides, but most buildings don't lend themselves to being used as entrances in such a fashion, ex; this mech hangar is pretending to be a base entrance.

No, that's not an actual map (nor will it be, I don't have the patience for such things!) just a demonstration.

For ideas, a good start might be looking at images of WW2 bunkers. Really sturdy stuff designed to survive being shelled/bombed/etc. to hell and back again.
Don't think, Mechwarrior. Find out.

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
More dropship buildings(Overlord)? Perhaps including some that can shoot back?

If the dropships were modified turrets, perhaps there could be also be large APU vehicle 'buildings' that, if destroyed, would shut down the dropship's ability to fire back(just like turret generators), rendering them vulnerable.

On a similar note, turret-control 'vehicles', like occasionally seen in MW4. They don't move(and thus would still be 'buildings'), but would be smaller and easier to hide than standard turret control buildings.

Just some thoughts.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Good call about the military entrances. A few can be done, depending from the terrain (on mountains it's easy as you show with the mechhangar), subterrean will be difficult.

Dropship are in planning. Besides the Union I have shown, I will do a new Overlord and a new leopard (if finally someone could help me with texturing that damn thing :) ). And all will shoot you (the current version also do), there are already Overlords and Leopards ingame btw.

Regarding the mobile turret ctrl, lookie here :)

http://omnitech.hard-light.net/team/starman/pics/mtctrl01.jpg

Turret is already ingame, vehicle will follow (but only as static entity, I don't think a moving variant will be necessary)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 12:52:06 pm by Starman01 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Arcalane

• Wait, I'm supposed to use evasive maneuvers?
    • Wyrdysm Games Forums
Yeah, I can see ramps going down into the ground being a no-go due to the terrain engine, but large elevators (fully enclosed, open-air with reinforced bulkhead/doors shut, or with the lift at the top) should be viable, as well as buildings that extend into the terrain on purpose.
Don't think, Mechwarrior. Find out.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, if I create the building big enough, and place it in a little Lower, maybe a subterrean entry could be simulated.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Karl

Offline Karl

More residential! Big houses, small houses, farm houses!

How about adding in the buildings from MCG? LIke add in the comp vault and such. Need more capturable buildings. Also hope you can get weapon salvage into the game like in MGC that would be great.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Also hope you can get weapon salvage into the game like in MGC that would be great.

This is planned, comes together with new logistic inventory. Also I agree with Karl, much more civilian houses are needed. Here we could also copy MCG

@Karl : Where is that image from, also from MCG ? The groundtexture looks like MC2
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Karl

It is MC2 I made this model this evening, meant to be the dome from MC1

i know this is about buildings but off topic, how about getting those sports cars in and blow them up +)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Great model Karl :)

And yes, a few more vehicle probs will be nice :) Can be done easily
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Hmmmmmmm building wise, how about getting the component vault in, Pop up Artillery turrets maybe.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
No PopupArtillery :) I don't like the idea of having those heavy weapons be simply taken up and down :) I aslo don't like the other popup stuff either.

Which compontent house you mean ? the one with the parked truck ? Thought about that one too.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Popup weaponry is kinda stupid, but I would love to see some proper Turret housings instead of just having a giant missile launcher or autocannon sticking out of the ground. Maybe create a larger set of walls with turret bases built into them?

thought of some vehciles id like to see in J Edgar and Stryker.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, I have created new models for all turrets, and one for each type (including artillery).

Technically, it should be possible to create a turret on a wall seqment, Actually worth a try :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
What Stryker ? It's not in the wiki
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

this is from the thing itself aka mc 1
STRIKER
Cost: 10200
Weight: 35 tons
Type: long-range fire support vehicle
Speed: 15 m/s
Armor: light
Equipment: 5 LRM Packs

Engage as it is a Saracen, but keeps in mind that the Striker can fire over
walls tanks to its LRM Packs.