• Star Cruiser
- Get known to it only a few years ago. It was actually mind-blowing for me. Even the first one was released in 1988, it was a better space game than Elite, and better first person shooter than the later released Hovertank 3D, that say enough. Sure, the sequel did not set any new standards, and its graphics was not even good anymore. But apart from it, it was also a good game. This series played itself right into my heart ❤️, over 30 years after its release
• Airforce Delta
- I like all three titles of Konamis take on with the Ace Combat series. Have to admit, that i did not need the Anime visual novel plot with countless branches and endings in the third game. But hell, Airforce Delta Strike becomes a space combat game in the end.
How a Freespace fan can not like that? 🚀
• Star Trek Bridge Series (Starfleet Academy, Klingon Academy, Bridge Commander & Bridge Crew)
- Well, Klingon Academy is by far my favorite game in this series. I had many fun hours in Bridge Crew aswell, even it is a game with massive wasted potential. 🖖
• Colony Wars
- Yes, Red Sun misses all of this originality of the first two games. But i liked the Plot, too. Even it was the weakest title in this trilogy...
- I simple like all five games. Enough said.
• Star Wars: X-Wing/TIE-Fighter
- Good standard. Even if you count Squadron to it, there is no game in this series i actually disliked.
- Unfortunately this game series could never show its true glory in the west. It is actually a quite decent russian RPG series. However my favorite is "The Precursors" which was actually some kind of Sci-Fi/Space version of Xenus: Boiling Point.
- Space Combat quality for over 20 years, now. I do not like it from a technical perspective... but i am most impressed nevertheless as most of the series is an One-Person dream. I had fun with every one of them after they got released. Of course, the older ones have not aged well. That was one of the things i actually also like, every game adapted to the corresponding zeitgeist. 🛸
- As said above. A good and fun series of playable adventure movies.
• The Secret of Monkey Island
- I love all five of them. The fourth one was a pain in the ass due to its controls (back then, only years later i realized that this game is good playable with a game pad
). But i loved all these flashbacks to the previous titles and most of all other references in the fourth nevertheless. 🏴☠️
- What i had fun with all three games. Well, especially the first two games were hard and tough cookies because of a big simulation impact. But I-War is always a great time to spend. My favorite is actually its last entry. Edge of Chaos: Independence War 2 ❤️.
Some further additions. There are some series i like actually...