Author Topic: Ok - new computer, getting down to business with FSO/FSPort/FS2  (Read 1002 times)

Offline K515

Ok - new computer, getting down to business with FSO/FSPort/FS2
Well, I finally got my new computer - It's a MacBook Pro with a 500 GB internal hard drive! Only I'm running Windows XP on it (allocated 401 GB hard drive space for Windows XP, of which about 80 - 100 GB is used space, the remainder of this is free space).

Last night I used Turey's installer to d/l the bare bones, and the works, but I had trouble accessing this site. Then just now (about 3:45-4AM) I successfully d/l the FSOpen 3.6.10  final release, the new Launcher 5.5e, the new mod.ini, the new readme, the mv_music.vp,  and the Demoid FS2 Open Upgrade project 3.6.10 UberVP.torrent from this page (see link): http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,64520.0.html

I'm planning on running FSO, FSPort, ST Reborn, and FS2 in the Windows XP partition of my huge MacBook Pro's hard drive. How do I get rid of the outdated stuff I d/l last night and replace it with the newer stuff I've just d/l now - delete everything and start from "Square One?"

And how do I get rid of the corrupt mediaVPS? The stuff I d/l is in a folder called "All my freeSpace game downloads"\freespace downloads. The mediavps folder is in the "freespace downloads" subfolder.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 04:11:18 am by K515 »

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: Ok - new computer, getting down to business with FSO/FSPort/FS2
You delete the corrupt MVP files and put the real ones in.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.