Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn Episode 1  (Read 93989 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn Episode 1
Spoiler:
Also, i need to know how to steal a bomber on Mission 4. I can't find it anywhere :<

Spoiler:
There's three exits from the central core into the "habitat" section of the cylinder. If you pick the right exit, it's practically straight in front of you, parked on a road. If you didn't pick the right exit, you should be able to spot it by just flying around in that area.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I remember someone solved this problem by selecting 'Don't use shaders for model rendering' option in Troubleshooting, Features Tab.
It worked for me as well.

That did it, thank you.
(takes a bit more memory and processing power now, but works just right)
Ah, I already forgot that was a potential solution too. I'm growing old, my memory is already starting to fail me.

Spoiler:
There's three exits from the central core into the "habitat" section of the cylinder. If you pick the right exit, it's practically straight in front of you, parked on a road. If you didn't pick the right exit, you should be able to spot it by just flying around in that area.
Spoiler:
there's also a blinking glowpoint on one of the buildings nearby to where it is parked
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
there's also a blinking glowpoint on one of the buildings nearby to where it is parked

Spoiler:
Found it! Thanks!
Will the choices affect the story in the future?

Offline LoneFan

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Oh Sh!T, there it is

Spoiler:
Found it! Thanks!
Will the choices affect the story in the future?

I hope so. We could always use a good mid-boss comic relief. An incompetent anti-Dawn if you will.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:50:18 pm by LoneFan »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Okay, this weekend I will finally open FS again and play this campaign. I promise.

Spoon has permission to slap me if I'm not talking about it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Okay, so, installation. Seems to go just fine. But it's always the Mission Zero that's the most difficult.

Run from the launcher!

First! It complains there is no disk in the hard drive.

Cancel through that.

Then!

Could not load in ChoosePilot-m!
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
Fs2_open_Wings_of_Dawn-EX7.exe! <no symbol>

Hit okay after that.

Could not load in Pop2!
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
<no module>! <no symbol>

"This mod has generated 1 Warnings/Errors!" No background, the cursor exists but creates a bunch of afterimages as I move it, and the text is rather blurry. Still, I can click "Okay" here.

And then a pilot screen with the text, but nothing else, and nothing can be interacted with. I must either hit escape, which closes it, or alt-tab out and close the program from its right-click menu on the taskbar.

Not running from the launcher produces the same result, and this result is consistent either way. It doesn't change.

Win7, ATI Radeon 5700HD, etc. Yes it's an old card. Running on two monitors (it starts pretty small, kicking everything to my secondary monitor when it's open; I'd adjust it, but I'd have to be able to get at the ingame options first)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 06:13:47 pm by NGTM-1R »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Axem

That error tends to show up when you have a resolution that isn't supported by the interface art. Try changing the launcher settings so your resolution is at least 720 pixels high.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Never don't debug log

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I'm going to play this.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Having issues with the provided Linux builds.

Forgive me if I'm doing this wrong (new to Linux.) When I try to run either of the provided builds, they don't run. At all. No error, no CTD, just nothing. Even though the files appear in dir and in the File Explorer, when I try to run them, Linux doesn't seem to recognize they exist. I get the following error trying to run them through the command line:

Code: [Select]
lepanto@CASSANDRA:~/Freespace/Wings of Dawn$ ./fs2_open_3.7.1
./fs2_open_3.7.1: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Do you NEED the Linux launcher to launch them (I was just clicking on them)? All of this 'building' stuff you need to do to get a working Linux launcher seems like a huge pain, and I'd rather just run WoD directly if possible.

Thanks!
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
It looks like you're missing the SDL libraries required to run FSO.  The simplest way to fix this is to install all the development libs used to build FSO, as this will at the same time install all the stuff you need to run FSO on Linux (yes it also installs a bunch of stuff you don't need as well, but that shouldn't matter beyond using a bit more disk space).

Anyway, assuming you're on ubuntu (or a derivative) run this from a terminal:

Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install libopenal-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev build-essential automake1.10 autoconf libsdl1.2-dev libtheora-dev libreadline6-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg62-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libjansson-dev libtool

If you're not on ubuntu, this page should give you the libs required for your distro.[/code]
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Treki26

Hi, I have trying to compile Wings of Dawn for mac OS X by following the instructions to compile in the Xcode 4 project's read me. However I have no clue what I am doing. The compile throws a error saying it cannot find SDL_assert.h. Do you now how I can fix this? Any help would be welcome.

Edit: I got the thing to compile a debug build but I have no idea how to make it compile a non debug one. :blah: It seems to work well, I have not had any crashes yet, though I am stuck on mission 3.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:05:57 pm by Treki26 »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I'm so sorry I can't help you with this :(
Urutorahappī!!

Hi Spoon!

Could you compile a new build of WoD? There are some nice new additions in the current FSO trunk, like enhanced audio, that could be merged into WoD =)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Hi Spoon!

Could you compile a new build of WoD? There are some nice new additions in the current FSO trunk, like enhanced audio, that could be merged into WoD =)
My apologies for the very late reply on this!

I have not been keep up very much what has been going on in trunk these recent days. Can you enlighten me what changes in the audio and potential other useful things have been going on, that WoD would instantly benefit from with just a new build?
Urutorahappī!!

Support for 128 audio channels:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=88612.0

Since it's already commited to trunk, I have had the pleasure to say that there is a noticeable difference especially in big battle missions. NuWoD is already of very high quality, so it would be shame if it missed this commit.  :pimp:

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
Unfortunately, the build is going to have to wait until Swifty can get around to building another. I tried my hand at it but  I was unable to resolve some of the conflicts from merging the master branch into the WoD branch. Give it some time and you'll get a new build.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
It crashes right after hitting commit on the first mission.
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
It crashes right after hitting commit on the first mission.
That is unforunate, but I'll need a bit more information than that to begin to help you.
Can you try running the game with the debug build? After you hit the crash while running that build, find the fs2_open.log in the data folder where you have WoD installed and post it here.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
Well, running the debug build now gave me a new error, occurring as soon as I hit "Continue".

particles.cfg[3]: The file "weapons.cfg" does not exist!

ntdll.dll! NtWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_1_SSE2-DEBUG-FAST.exe! <no symbol>
kernel32.dll! BaseThreadInitThunk + 18 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 99 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 54 bytes

Has probably got something to do with my lazy file placement (dropped the .exe into a different mod file.)

EDIT: Nevermind the last line. I did place it into "Wings of Dawn".
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"