Poll

How much would you be willing to contribute towards a joint HLP pledge? ($2500 is the target)

$1
6 (5.6%)
$3
5 (4.7%)
$5
12 (11.2%)
$10
21 (19.6%)
$20
27 (25.2%)
$50
20 (18.7%)
$75
1 (0.9%)
$100
9 (8.4%)
$200
4 (3.7%)
More (Please Post)
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: This makes me giddy  (Read 70100 times)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
I remember dealing with .ani conversion and it sucked. $25 dollars to the cause.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
I'm kicking in my start. Or however you phrase that. Yeah.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Kon

• KonQuesting on Twitch
Threw in $20 on Kickstarter and sent a message to the project.

Offline Infamus

I finally got some more cash - I've raised my donation to 10 USD. Feelsgoodman.jpg
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline Wyo1

If you can get 2400 together I will pitch in 100 to finish it. I am not able to program but I love the game and want it keep expanding.

I had to re-register cause I f'ed up my email back about 2 weeks ago, generally I can barely make the game work cause I don't know half the terms used but this winter I will get back into gaming on FS and figure out how to make everything work again with my new rig. Anyway this way I won't feel like I just take all the hard work for free from you guy's

Thanks for all the fun.

Richard aka Wyo .. yeah I am a Wyo Cowboy in real life... this is my escape in the winter from living on a very isolated Wyo Ranch................

Just an update - we're at $1735.30

To answer some questions:
We'll be filling all rewards from kickstarter. For the lump sum I think we should decide something based on the amount. Keep in mind this is special treatment ;) . EG send a pack of stickers to someone and say HLP has (lump sum / $10) worth of photoshop plug-in licenses in stock you can give out later. Sound good? Any other ideas?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
The PayPal donations that have come in for APNG total $318.93, but I'm waiting on confirmation for $50 of that.

EDIT: Got confirmation; the full $318.93 (and then some, probably) will be sent.... when?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:09:06 pm by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Sent another $20 on KS.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
We'd better hurry up -- we're down to just over 5 days left.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Kind of worrying that we're 500 short of the goal when the pledged amount is much higher and that some of us who pledged a smaller amount actually gave more...

I just hope we can make it.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
I'm able to chuck in an extra $30 or so if need be.

But yes, I'm worried too.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Sod it, I got paid a lot little more last week than I thought I would so I can spare another $50. Pledge increased and note sent, so it's down to $450.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The PayPal donations that have come in for APNG total $318.93, but I'm waiting on confirmation for $50 of that.

EDIT: Got confirmation; the full $318.93 (and then some, probably) will be sent.... when?

Sometime by September 5th, I hope. The deadline is the 7th, I believe.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Pledged $50 to Kickstarter and sent the HLP comment.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
I'll be capable of covering any of the PayPal "Tax" if necessary, in addition to supplying my own amount from my paycheck this Friday (which will bring it in the day before cut-off)

Sandwich: Since the funding submission looks to close on Kickstarter on Sunday Sep 8, 21:01 EDT, we should make our cut-off 12 hours ( 9:01 AM) before that for a conglomerate HLP donation, then I can check with Rei by Noon EDT to get what our total sum is and we'll see if we're short or not and then I can swing (depending on the gap, if it's under $400 USD then that'll be easy) in order to make the goal happen. Bare minimum, I'm throwing in $200 USD in addition to balancing the PayPal for the "Taxation" that took place to make sure the amount we send matches what was "intended" to be delivered to the project.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I can probably bump my pledge up another $100 if it looks like we're going to come up short.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I probably should have posted an update in the news several days ago with the Kickstarter messaging instructions.  Do you think it's worth doing at this point, or does Axem's mention in the newsletter get the job done?

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
I just sent another $30 to HLP. Sadly, I forgot to mark it as for this. If the admins need any info from me to identify it, let me know.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

I've donated 50 dollars to the cause so far, might go a little higher towards the last day(s) in case we don't meet the goal before that time. Looking forward to see what possibilities will be opened up with this project.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
I just sent another $30 to HLP. Sadly, I forgot to mark it as for this. If the admins need any info from me to identify it, let me know.

I was under the impression that if you just go to his Kickstarter profile (Click his name under his picture right side on the project's page) and click 'contact me' you can send the message anytime. Is what I did for both my donations as I couldn't work out how to send it straight afterwards.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.