Author Topic: Wing Commander Saga now hiring!  (Read 19986 times)

Wing Commander Saga now hiring!
*pokes Tolwyn*

You never did get back to me about that mission I designed.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by Moonsword
*pokes Tolwyn*

You never did get back to me about that mission I designed.

you have never sent it to me :( Please, do it :D
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Front page, front page, front page... :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline TilenN

I am applying for voice acting, if you still need a voice actor.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
@Setekh: thanks, man :D

@TilenN: regarding voice acting please read the following text :)

Just like the Standoff guys, we're need just a few more voices to round out our voice talent. Previous voice work for another mod like Standoff is preferred, but not absolutely required. Candidates should be serious and be able to sound like someone in their 20s. Openings are for miscellaneous ships and roles, with a strong emphasis on Confed fighter pilots.

To become a candidate for this process, reply to this thread to officially let us know and then PM or email Tolwyn at [email protected] for more information.

Then try your luck on these 26 lines. Voice recording should be done by the Goldwave program, in 44 khz mono. I shouldn't say this, but you guys need your own microphone. Please make sure to eliminate breathing into microphone sounds.

You are free to say your interpretation of the theme as long as it doesn't deviate too far.

1) "All fighters are destroyed, area is secure"
2) "Enemy fighters have arrived"
3) "I'm attacking your target"
4) "We're the backup and we've arrived to save your ass"
5) "Bravo Wing here, we've just arrived"
6) "There's a fighter on your six!"
7) "I'm dying!"
8) "Charlie Wing here, we've just arrived"
9) "I'm getting the **** out of here"
10) "I'm disabling your target" (going for engines)
11) "I'm disarming your target" (going for turrets)
12) "I'm breaking formation to engage enemy"
13) "Delta Wing here, we've just arrived"
14) "Echo Wing has arrived"
15) "I'm taking damage"
16) "I'm ignoring your target"
17) "I'm not following your order"
18) "I can't pick up your target on sensors"
19) "You just fired on me, man"
20) "Main player has been killed!"
21) "Main player just did something cool!"
22) "I'm out of missiles!"
23) "My fighter is heavily damaged"
24) "Main player is straying away from objective"
25) "Main player is traitor, off with his head!"
26) "I'm following your order"

The guys with the best "comm voices" gets the fighter pilot roles, but there is a strong chance that the people not selected for this role will be delegated for other roles as well, they are as equally important.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Tolwyn. I haven't heard back from you about the sample I submitted for Captain Moran's voice.

I'm free most of the evenings this weeks so if I've got the go ahead I can crank out some voices pretty quickly.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TilenN

I have sent my recordings to tolwin. Good luck to me :)

Tolwyn,

I'm interested in applying for one of the positions you offered, however...

Could you please answer a few questions?

1. Is there a way I can this information to you privately?
2. Do you offer flexibility on scheduling?
3. This is a volunteer position, correct?

Sorry if I sound naive, but after I explain to you how much I do, I think you may be understanding...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 10:03:36 pm by 1975 »
The big cool ship...

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
1. sure, send me a mail to [email protected]
2. of course :)
3. yes

-WC Saga's beta tester

Tolwyn,

I'm sorry for the delay.  Recently, I was redesigning my network to incorporate Smoothwall Linux into an old Pentium 1 so I can get my RedHat Server back up.  This was painful because the old P1 was very PnP unfriendly and NIC cards don't like address conflicts.

Anyways, I am done and will submit my files to you within 24 hours.  Thanks for the opportunity and considering me for the job.
The big cool ship...

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by xenthorious
Tolwyn,

I'm sorry for the delay.  Recently, I was redesigning my network to incorporate Smoothwall Linux into an old Pentium 1 so I can get my RedHat Server back up.  This was painful because the old P1 was very PnP unfriendly and NIC cards don't like address conflicts.

Anyways, I am done and will submit my files to you within 24 hours.  Thanks for the opportunity and considering me for the job.

great!

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Tolwyn,

excellent mission, my response is already away :D

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Silent Warrior

• My thoughts go where no one knows to tread.
I'll go to work on a sample-mission tomorrow, and e-mail it when it's done. Just so you know, come late August, I'll only have a chance to work on this during weekends.
I can't go home again until I find a stone a rose a door.
Choo choo, and that is the truth.

Offline Roy fokker

• Flaming FREDder
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
You're hiring? What's the pay? :D
:p

Seriously, I have my hands full with The Babylon Project but I wish good luck to you guys. May your TC prosper. :)

Anyway... I was wondering why Roy Fokker disappeared from us, guess I now know where he went. It's OK but I just wish he would have told us he's leaving the team. Although I doubt he ever finished a single mission for TBP...

Oh well, all good. :)

that hurt fury and i did finish one mission for you i believe it was a breif thraining mission (not one of my best works but there you go) and i was down as a consaltant cause i used to take screenshots for you lot  within my video was pluged up to my computer and i took shots of the different b5 ships weapons shooting.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 05:29:11 pm by 211 »
Roy Fokker
Mission designer for  Inferno and Wing Commander Saga

Offline cjepson

Originally posted by Tolwyn

excellent mission, my response is already away :D

This is an attempt to push my user ID (xenthorious)

BTW, thank you very much Tolwyn.
Another big ship!

Offline cjepson

Originally posted by cjepson

This is an attempt to push my user ID (xenthorious)

BTW, thank you very much Tolwyn.

This is to verify further errors found in relation to a bug I found on the forum.
Another big ship!

Originally posted by cjepson

This is to verify further errors found in relation to a bug I found on the forum.

This is an attempt to verify that I resolved the problem with my account.

Tolwyn,

Problem solved.  I'll send you the reason why there was a problem, what may have caused it, and information on the bug I found (which may have contributed to my problem).
The big cool ship...

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

This is an attempt to verify that I resolved the problem with my account.

Tolwyn,

Problem solved.  I'll send you the reason why there was a problem, what may have caused it, and information on the bug I found (which may have contributed to my problem).

gotcha... I have not received anything until now though.

Anyway, let's move to our internal orum, the staff is waiting eagerly for your arrival :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Originally posted by Tolwyn

gotcha... I have not received anything until now though.

Anyway, let's move to our internal orum, the staff is waiting eagerly for your arrival :)

Tolwyn,

That is because I just sent it to you.  ;7

BTW, the problem came back, and effected both accounts.  If I log off, I have to push the accounts to log back in.

Gotcha, c you there.
The big cool ship...

Sorry if it sounds... well... noobie, but, what if you don' log off?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 10:46:43 pm by 970 »
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.