Author Topic: First Prologue problem encountered  (Read 4896 times)

Offline Mirage

First Prologue problem encountered
Hello All,

Well started playing Prologue today and the first thing I noticed was right after I enter my callsign etc. the intro continues, but the previous screen is still blinking in the background. I took a screenshot of what I'm seeing, but I don't know how to include it here. (Could someone tell me how?).
Hopefully there is already a fix for it. If not, I hope it helps lead to a fix.

Thanks in advance.

Mirage

Offline Shade

Re: First Prologue problem encountered
There's an "additional options" button just below the posting field on the full posting/edit screen, click this and you'll see the option to attach files. It doesn't show up when using the quick reply box though.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 07:52:58 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Use the "Attach Files..." function.

It is a rare problem, but not unheard of. How often does this happen? Always? From time to time?
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Indeed, someone else reported that problem this evening, I just can't find the post (to many forums to watch, I'm confused :D )
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Mirage

Yep, that's the problem I'm seeing as well. It happens every time I run the intro. I followed the links people have posted, but I don't see an answer to the problem. Is there one?

Thanks. Great support here!

Did you see the windows unblock firewall message?

Offline Mirage

No, I see no firewall message at all. I run Zonealarm.

hey guys, been waiting forever to get the Prologue and the screenies i've seen look amazing.  I just downloaded and installed but i can't get through the pilot creation screen.  every time i enter a callsign i get an error saying "unable to save pilot file" because of there not being enough disk space.  I have 16gb open on C drive and over 60gb open on E drive(where i'm installing the game).  I don't know what's causing the error and I can't log into Mantis for some reason.  Super frustrated.  Reinstall hasn't worked on either drive.  Any help would be great, thanks!

System:
Windows XP Home SP2
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.01 GHz
1024 MB Ram
Radeon X1600 512MB PCI-E 16x

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
This sounds like a wriing permission issue. Take a look at the data\player\single folder. Check whenever or not it is write protected.

I can't log into Mantis for some reason.

As far as I can tell, you have activated your account, so login should work.

-WC Saga's beta tester

i don't know how bad this sounds, but:

a) when i look in the data folder for the prologue, there are 3 files there that are all about 1kb in size.  2 are outlook express files (cmdline_fso and fs2open_pxo) and one is a notepad file labeled "multi".  I don't see a player or single folder in the data folder of the game.

b) i don't really know how to check for write protection in my folders.  Is that along the lines of items being "hidden"?  Tried to google that but i only got how to encrypt folders, not decrypt.  Didn't look too hard though.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
You can check whenever folder is writeprotected or not by right clicking on it and selecting properties.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
No, I see no firewall message at all. I run Zonealarm.

Open the ZoneAlarm control panel and give or deny wcsaga.exe access to the internet manually before you start the game. I doubt that's your problem but it can't hurt to rule it out.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Maybe a stupid idea, but if it still doesn't work, create the folders manually. Because we packed everyting in VP's (I was amazed what performance increase on the GUI I get through this :) ) there isn't much to be found in the data folder

Inside the data-folder, create a "player" folder. Inside the "player" folder create a "single" folder. Then try again. I can also create and send you a new pilot, maybe it helps.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Maybe a stupid idea, but if it still doesn't work, create the folders manually. Because we packed everyting in VP's (I was amazed what performance increase on the GUI I get through this :) ) there isn't much to be found in the data folder

Inside the data-folder, create a "player" folder. Inside the "player" folder create a "single" folder. Then try again. I can also create and send you a new pilot, maybe it helps.

We have already tried that and it worked (via PM) :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Great. Another satisfied fan :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
And another one to add to the checklist of things to do for the BtRL launch :D

Now I'll probably forget about it and kick myself later. :D

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Better go and play WCS if you haven't already :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'm already a couple of missions in :) I'm playing it in the rare occasions when I have some spare time :)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
And another one to add to the checklist of things to do for the BtRL launch :D

Now I'll probably forget about it and kick myself later. :D
I plan to add a code fix for it in 3.6.10.  If I can remember to do it anyway. :)

The OS X version used to have a similar problem, but was fixed earlier this year.  I just need to change how it tries to create directories under Windows, to avoid strange permission and pathname issues.