Author Topic: Cutscene problem  (Read 2197 times)

Hey everyone,

I'm having some trouble running the Prologe. The game will load fine, missions play with no problem, and the in-game graphics look awesome but the cutscenes do not display properly.

I've tried installing new codecs but that didn't work.

I'm running a Pentium-D 2.8gHz
1gig RAM
Radeon X300 video card

I'm using Windows Vista RC2 with the latest Catalyst drivers (the new beta drivers for Vista). I've also tried the Microsoft provided drivers that are built into Vista, same result either way.

I have WCS set to run in Direct3D8, it will not run in OpenGL for me. Attempting to run in OpenGL returns this error on launch: "Unable to get proper pixel format for OpenGL W32!"

Anyone have any ideas? Is it because I am running in Direct3D that the cutscenes wouldn't work properly? And if so how do I resolve the error I'm getting with OpenGL?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 01:04:04 pm by RDaneel623 »

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Be sure to run in OpenGL mode, not Direct3D mode.  The movies won't display properly in D3D, and we don't support D3D anyway so it's not likely to be fixed.

WCS will not load in OpenGL for me. When I try I get the error "Unable to get proper pixel format for OpenGL W32!"

Any idea how I can resolve that?

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Someone else just reported that as well.  The problem is that the game requires a hardware accelerated OpenGL visual, but it's not getting one.  Most likely this is just some ATI driver screwup, and there isn't really anything that we can do about it.  Such is life with a not-yet-release OS.  You'll probably just have to wait for Vista final in order to get the fully updated/compatible ATI drivers.

Or you could change to an NVIDIA card, their Vista support is far better at present. :)

Offline Creash

I was going to report this problem last night actually, but as always.....through process of the fiddling-with-the-options-to-see-if-I-can-fix-it-myself method, I figured out the same thing  :lol:

Yeah, you want the OpenGL mode under video in the launcher and that'll fix things.  Cutscenes went buggy on me after installing Babylon Project back in, so I had to compensate this way.