Author Topic: How far do you get in the gauntlet missions?  (Read 3034 times)

Offline KeldorKatarn

How far do you get in the gauntlet missions?
I tried them at level "hard" and I must have become awfully rusty. Only once I managed to get past the two Darkets, usually they blast me away.
I find it incredibly hard to shake a fighter that is on my tail.

How do you guys do in those simulator missions?

And does anybody have some hints on how to improve my WCSaga skills, as I think I suck at this game atm?

Re: How far do you get in the gauntlet missions?
maybe dont try them at level "hard" ?

Offline KeldorKatarn

Well, where's the challenge in that? ;)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, where's the challenge in that? ;)

Hell, there will be, once you face fighters at once :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline KeldorKatarn

I'd still like to be able to beat two Dralthi in a Thunderbolt on level hard, which at the moment I don't. I know lower levels will also become more difficult the more enemies you face, but I'd still like to improve my skills against 1:1 and 1:2 situations, so I'd like to try those missions on hard.

All I asked for was your experience with those and maybe some pointers if you have any.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I could get maybe to 1 on 4. I certainly can beat 1 on 2 :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
I prefair FREDing my own Gauntlet were I cant lose and can get an ego boost. Mwuhahah  :p
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline KeldorKatarn

I could get maybe to 1 on 4. I certainly can beat 1 on 2 :)

Any pointers for evasive action or something else?

Edit: Finally made it to the two Gothris... Seems I am improving..
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:39:04 am by KeldorKatarn »

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Its like the old Fishermans Friend slogan "If they are to strong, you are to week" or so ^_^
I only have played at the medium setting and its a good mix of fun and difficulty for me...later levels are a good training for evading missiles when hundrets of missiles are going for you and you have to evade them.

Else I should try myself the hard mode and see what I can do. Most likely I won't even get past the first Darkets ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Sphynx

One clue would be to learn how to use missiles effectively. They are deadly, but you don't want to waste them.
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I prefair FREDing my own Gauntlet were I cant lose and can get an ego boost. Mwuhahah  :p

Same here :) Otherwise it would have been impossible to even playtest that missions, I don't have the patience to die a dozend of times :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.