Author Topic: Let's talk about the sound code... again.  (Read 27767 times)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Re: Let's talk about the sound code... again.
ehm...i don't know use mantis :(

Could you please do this for me?
Thanks in advance :)
http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis

register there and open a new issue. If you are unsure on how to actually format your new issue, take a look at the previously added issues and format accordingly.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
i am lazy :P

ok i'll do it...
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
i am lazy :P

ok i'll do it...

Please do. Also note that issues on Mantis tend to get more priority than bug reports on the forum or bug mentions on IRC.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
did it :)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Qent

I did some checking, and this thread might be relevant here too.

Also Mantis'd.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 09:44:30 am by Qent »

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
A more permanent version of the previous build has been committed as revision 7814 in preparation for 3.6.14 RC stage. See the commit message for details as it is a little different that what was here previously.  Of note is -listenergain is not a cmdline flag in the committed version and -alwaysenforce has been inverted as -donotenforce.

What was committed is consensus of this thread, which is locked in as the defaults for the RC.  The flags -donotenforce and -percent_flashtobang will be removed before .14 final.  percent_flashtobang will remain adjustable via lightning.tbl in the .14 final.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
I think I figured out a good compromise to the sound code problem.  Include both in the port, make a launcher flag that allows one to use the old sound code instead of the new one, and add a corresponding checkbox in the 'features' tab of the launcher.

Now users can use whichever version of the sound code they prefer.  Problem solved.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Except we can't.  The two can't exactly coexist.  It was a rewrite of much of the fundamental behavior of the code, not just some tweaks here and there.  Since you're new, I'll take that as an honest mistake, but generally programmers don't like being told how to do their jobs by non-programmers.

Also IssMneur, the idea was to commit it to just the 3.6.14 branch now that we have it :P
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Except we can't.  The two can't exactly coexist.  It was a rewrite of much of the fundamental behavior of the code, not just some tweaks here and there.  Since you're new, I'll take that as an honest mistake, but generally programmers don't like being told how to do their jobs by non-programmers.

Also IssMneur, the idea was to commit it to just the 3.6.14 branch now that we have it :P
Bah, you need to copy the patch from somewhere :D  Besides, we don't know how long it will be till we have the proper fixes to the sound code.  But you or I can revert it if you like.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments