Author Topic: 2007-10-07 stable branch (Xt version)  (Read 55303 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: 2007-10-07 stable branch (Xt version)
Ok, if I have GLSL enabled, and then try to use any of the map options, the game crashes to desktop immediately upon launch.  I'm using NGO Optimized ATI Driver 1.7.3, so I don't know if this is the reason or not.  If I turn off the map options but leave GLSL on, it starts, and if I turn off GLSL, the map options can still be on, and it starts then too, just not both.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Hum. The normal maps don't seem to be working.
You can check the debug log to make sure that it's using GLSL.  Or, a perhaps quicker method, go into the lab and look in the render options window for "Fixed Render Pipeline".  That option only shows up if GLSL is active, being there for testing purposes, for switching between the new programmable render pipeline and the old fixed render pipeline.

Figures. It didn't show up. :doubt:

Everything else that has to with graphics works, though.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

I got eaten by a grue :( (404 - source tarball missing.)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
I got eaten by a grue :( (404 - source tarball missing.)
Should be fixed now.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Looks good. Taylor have you got an ETA for when the improved multiplayer code is going to be in CVS?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Where do you pt the normal map vp?
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline CKid

mediavp folder
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Taylor have you got an ETA for when the improved multiplayer code is going to be in CVS?
I'm ready to commit what I've got now, just haven't had the chance to do it yet.  The plan is, over the course of this week, to commit most of the code that I've got.  A full diff is in excess of 45,000 lines at the moment, so it's going to take a few days of work to actually commit, particularly since numerous parts of the code need to be rewritten to work without the bits that I'm not yet ready to commit.  About the only thing that isn't going in CVS now is the new texture replacement code, since it basically needs to be rewritten from scratch, again.  The new multiplayer code still isn't complete, but since I haven't been able to drum up any help to fix the last bugs so far (almost entirely non-Windows related bugs), maybe getting it in CVS will help encourage someone to finally help out.

The commits will be to the stable branch only though, the differences between the two trees are too great to get everything in to both branches at the same time.  I'll catch up HEAD with everything that is missing next month (or the end of this month, if times allows).

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
This isn't really the thread I want to discuss this in, but everyone is here and if there is interest then a new thread can be created...

One thing about the shaders in the current code is that, although their functionality is rather limited, they are customizable.  The default shader set is embedded in the binary, but you can also have versions on disk or in a VP which override the embedded versions.  The default shaders make a couple of compromises, for the purposes of greater compatibility and performance, but more can be done with them.

For instance:  we only allow the first light to be per-pixel, but someone could customize the shaders to make all of the lights per-pixel; the env map has a very basic 2x2 blur applied to it, but that could be changed to a more complex gaussian blur instead; the parallax mapping shaders could be expanded to also add self-shadowing (ie, steep parallax mapping).

If anyone is interested in playing around with the shaders let me know and I'll post a thread for discussion about them.  There are no plans to replace the default shaders, but perhaps the MediaVPs could contain "enhanced" versions based on changes that all of you might come up with.

Offline starfox

I've tried pretty much everything, but I still can't get normal maps to work.
- Updated Graphic card drivers...
- Tried to look for the "Fixed Render Pipeline"
- Played around Launcher options...
- Extracted the stuff on nm_test.vp on different folders

Build itself is pure awesomeness, but I still wish to try this out, been waiting for the long time, that is.
And as for the GLSL, I also tried the debug build, to find out if it works at all, to no avail.
Could anyone lend a hand on this, I can't really figure it out ?

Here's the log...

==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
FreeSpace version: 3.6.10
Passed cmdline options:
  -spec_exp 16.7
  -spec_static 0.9
  -spec_point 0.6
  -spec_tube 1
  -ambient_factor 60
  -env
  -mipmap
  -missile_lighting
  -glow
  -nomotiondebris
  -spec
  -no_emissive_light
  -normal
  -height
  -cache_bitmaps
  -ballistic_gauge
  -dualscanlines
  -orbradar
  -rearm_timer
  -targetinfo
  -3dwarp
  -ship_choice_3d
  -warp_flash
  -snd_preload
  -mod mediavps,mediavps
  -no_glsl
  -fps
  -stats
  -debug_window
Building file index...
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\GVB_Bakha_maps.vp' with a checksum of 0x85281da1
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\HTL_Ravana_DDS.vp' with a checksum of 0x246d53eb
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\LSNebPlusFS2Missions.vp' with a checksum of 0x775e7c1b
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mp-710_adveffects.vp' with a checksum of 0x55caf318
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mp-710_effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xe22bdcc2
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mp-710_models.vp' with a checksum of 0x20b9069a
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_adveffects.vp' with a checksum of 0xfeb54970
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_core.vp' with a checksum of 0xb6cb1f6a
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_effects.vp' with a checksum of 0x1986a43c
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_models.vp' with a checksum of 0x2f8a711a
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_music.vp' with a checksum of 0xcca92482
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_textures.vp' with a checksum of 0x2c43a80e
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\normalmaps.vp' with a checksum of 0x85a84b5b
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\GVB_Bakha_maps.vp' with a checksum of 0x85281da1
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\HTL_Ravana_DDS.vp' with a checksum of 0x246d53eb
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\LSNebPlusFS2Missions.vp' with a checksum of 0x775e7c1b
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mp-710_adveffects.vp' with a checksum of 0x55caf318
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mp-710_effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xe22bdcc2
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mp-710_models.vp' with a checksum of 0x20b9069a
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_adveffects.vp' with a checksum of 0xfeb54970
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_core.vp' with a checksum of 0xb6cb1f6a
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_effects.vp' with a checksum of 0x1986a43c
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_models.vp' with a checksum of 0x2f8a711a
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_music.vp' with a checksum of 0xcca92482
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_textures.vp' with a checksum of 0x2c43a80e
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\normalmaps.vp' with a checksum of 0x85a84b5b
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\FS2OGGcutscenepack.vp' with a checksum of 0x84396e99
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\multi-mission-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0x377695e0
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\multi-voice-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0xd50e7442
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Searching root 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\' ... 685 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\GVB_Bakha_maps.vp' ... 3 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\HTL_Ravana_DDS.vp' ... 69 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\LSNebPlusFS2Missions.vp' ... 198 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mp-710_adveffects.vp' ... 2063 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mp-710_effects.vp' ... 91 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mp-710_models.vp' ... 31 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_adveffects.vp' ... 299 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_core.vp' ... 88 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_effects.vp' ... 580 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_models.vp' ... 399 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_music.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_textures.vp' ... 1526 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\normalmaps.vp' ... 72 files
Searching root 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\' ... 685 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\GVB_Bakha_maps.vp' ... 3 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\HTL_Ravana_DDS.vp' ... 69 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\LSNebPlusFS2Missions.vp' ... 198 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mp-710_adveffects.vp' ... 2063 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mp-710_effects.vp' ... 91 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mp-710_models.vp' ... 31 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_adveffects.vp' ... 299 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_core.vp' ... 88 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_effects.vp' ... 580 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_models.vp' ... 399 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_music.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\mv_textures.vp' ... 1526 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\mediavps\normalmaps.vp' ... 72 files
Searching root 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\' ... 35 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\FS2OGGcutscenepack.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\multi-mission-pack.vp' ... 110 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\multi-voice-pack.vp' ... 307 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'D:\installed games\freespace 2 scp\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root 'f:\' ... 0 files
Found 42 roots and 19695 files.
Setting language to English
Initializing OpenAL...
  Using 'Generic Software' as OpenAL sound device...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Creative Labs Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : Software
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1

... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Failed to init speech
GR_CPU: Family 15, MMX=Yes
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1600x1200 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor     : NVIDIA Corporation
  OpenGL Renderer   : GeForce 7950 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
  OpenGL Version    : 2.1.1

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Found special extension function "wglSwapIntervalEXT".

Max texture units: 4 (4)
  Max elements vertices: 4096
  Max elements indices: 4096
  Max texture size: 4096x4096
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Using trilinear texture filter.
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 705 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 40 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Performing global function/(library/object) name repeat check...
LUA: Performing library/object name repeat check...
LUA: Performing object/object name repeat check...
LUA: Performing library/library name repeat check...
LUA: Initializing library functions...
LUA: Initializing object functions...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
Wokka!  Error opening file (scripting.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'scripting.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
SCRIPTING: Inititialization complete.
Using high memory settings...
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-sdf.tbm' ...
ANI 2_radar1 with size 170x170 (33.6% wasted)
Windoze reported 16 joysticks, we found 0
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_music-mus.tbm' ...
Wokka!  Error opening file (armor.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'armor.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp20.eff) with 64 frames at 35 fps.
ANI Lamprey_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_models-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_flak-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_tech-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_shockwave-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_missiles-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bob-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_textures-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_models-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_trails-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_dragon-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_turretangle-shp.tbm' ...
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret01a', for ship 'GTB Medusa', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'b05-turreta', for ship 'GTB Ursa', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret01', for ship 'GTFR Triton', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret02', for ship 'GTFR Triton', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret09a-01-main', for ship 'GTC Fenris', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret01', for ship 'GTM Hippocrates', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret02', for ship 'GTM Hippocrates', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret03', for ship 'GTM Hippocrates', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret09a-01-main', for ship 'GTC Leviathan', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret01a', for ship 'GTD Orion', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret02a', for ship 'GTD Orion', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret03a', for ship 'GTD Orion', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret04a', for ship 'GTD Orion', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret05a', for ship 'GTD Orion', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret01', for ship 'GTD Hecate', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret02', for ship 'GTD Hecate', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret03', for ship 'GTD Hecate', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret04', for ship 'GTD Hecate', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret05', for ship 'GTD Hecate', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret06', for ship 'GTD Hecate', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret07', for ship 'GTD Hecate', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret08', for ship 'GTD Hecate', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret01a', for ship 'GTD Orion#2 (Bastion)', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret02a', for ship 'GTD Orion#2 (Bastion)', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret03a', for ship 'GTD Orion#2 (Bastion)', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret04a', for ship 'GTD Orion#2 (Bastion)', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret05a', for ship 'GTD Orion#2 (Bastion)', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret01a', for ship 'GTVA Colossus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret02a', for ship 'GTVA Colossus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret03a', for ship 'GTVA Colossus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret04a', for ship 'GTVA Colossus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret05a', for ship 'GTVA Colossus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret06a', for ship 'GTVA Colossus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret07a', for ship 'GTVA Colossus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret08a', for ship 'GTVA Colossus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret09a', for ship 'GTVA Colossus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret10a', for ship 'GTVA Colossus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret01', for ship 'GTCv Deimos', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret02', for ship 'GTCv Deimos', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret03', for ship 'GTCv Deimos', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret04', for ship 'GTCv Deimos', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret01', for ship 'GTC Aeolus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret02', for ship 'GTC Aeolus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret03', for ship 'GTC Aeolus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret04', for ship 'GTC Aeolus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret05', for ship 'GTC Aeolus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret06', for ship 'GTC Aeolus', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret01a', for ship 'NTF Iceni', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret11a', for ship 'NTF Iceni', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret19', for ship 'NTF Iceni', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret21a', for ship 'NTF Iceni', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret22a', for ship 'NTF Iceni', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret23a', for ship 'NTF Iceni', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret24a', for ship 'NTF Iceni', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret25a', for ship 'NTF Iceni', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret01', for ship 'GTT Argo', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret02', for ship 'GTT Argo', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'Turret01-main', for ship 'GVFr Satis', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret01a', for ship 'GVC Aten', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret02a', for ship 'GVC Aten', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret01', for ship 'GVC Mentu', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret02', for ship 'GVC Mentu', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret15', for ship 'GVC Mentu', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret16', for ship 'GVC Mentu', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret01', for ship 'GVCv Sobek', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret02', for ship 'GVCv Sobek', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret03', for ship 'GVCv Sobek', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret05', for ship 'GVCv Sobek', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret07', for ship 'SC Cain', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret07', for ship 'SC Lilith', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret01', for ship 'SFr Mephisto', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret03', for ship 'SFr Mephisto', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret03a-base', for ship 'SD Demon', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret06a-base', for ship 'SD Demon', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
WARNING:  Animation trigger #0 on subsystem 'turret07a-base', for ship 'SD Demon', has a negative reverse_start value!  Capping it at 0!
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_tech-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_shockwave-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'Whitehall-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'Typhon-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'nareos-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'inertia-shp.tbm' ...
More than one version of engine wash Default exists; using newer version.More than one version of engine wash Default100 exists; using newer version.More than one version of engine wash Default150 exists; using newer version.More than one version of engine wash Default200 exists; using newer version.More than one version of engine wash Default300 exists; using newer version.More than one version of engine wash Default500 exists; using newer version.More than one version of engine wash Default700 exists; using newer version.More than one version of engine wash Default800 exists; using newer version.More than one version of engine wash Default900 exists; using newer version.More than one version of engine wash Default1000 exists; using newer version.More than one version of engine wash Default1100 exists; using newer version.More than one version of engine wash Default1500 exists; using newer version.TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'HABase-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'Cairo-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bob-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'Aeglos-shp.tbm' ...
loading animated cursor "cursor"
ANI cursor with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
Ships.tbl is : VALID
Weapons.tbl is : INVALID!!!!
cfile_init() took 964
Got event GS_EVENT_GAME_INIT (49) in state NOT A VALID STATE (0)
ANI cursor.ani with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_MAIN_MENU (0) in state GS_STATE_INITIAL_PLAYER_SELECT (37)
Someone passed an extension to bm_load for file 'hammer.pcx'
ANI 2_mainwalk.ani with size 477x477 (6.8% wasted)
ANI 2_mainflyby.ani with size 189x189 (26.2% wasted)
ANI 2_maincrane.ani with size 116x116 (9.4% wasted)
ANI 2_mainexit.ani with size 174x174 (32.0% wasted)
ANI 2_mainbarracks.ani with size 158x158 (38.3% wasted)
ANI 2_mainreadyroom.ani with size 145x145 (43.4% wasted)
ANI 2_maintechroom.ani with size 119x119 (7.0% wasted)
ANI 2_mainoptions.ani with size 206x206 (19.5% wasted)
ANI 2_maincampaign.ani with size 190x190 (25.8% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_QUIT_GAME (5) in state GS_STATE_MAIN_MENU (1)
Freeing all existing models...
... Log closed, Mon Oct 08 18:18:47 2007

Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
i can run the build perfectly (running on the latest batch of omega catalyst drivers) but i apparently do not have the GLSL support.   is there a way to turn it on?  I have a radeon X600 mobile, so it should be compatible.

(no, i didn't disable it in the launcher, checked that as soon as i saw the post below)

i think these are the relevant parts of the log

Unable to find extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Unable to find extension "GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object".

Compiling shader ->  b-vert.sdr / b-frag.sdr ...
  Shader failed to link...
Fragment shader(s) linked,  vertex shader(s) failed to link.
  Shader in_error!  Disabling GLSL!
  Max texture units: 8 (8)
  Max elements vertices: 2147483647
  Max elements indices: 16384
  Max texture size: 2048x2048
Size of bitmap info = 705 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 40 bytes

any help?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 11:23:33 am by Turambar »
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Uh, starfox, -no_glsl is on. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline starfox

Oooops   :rolleyes:
Naturally I thought no_glsl means NO glsl. Oh, one point wiser now...
Well, still can't see any normal maps, gotta try it again, I suppose  :sigh:
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Huh. If you can't see it with a 7950 GT, something's wrong.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Not all of the ships have Normal Maps applied to them.

Ex: Fenris does, but Levy does not. So, check (in F3 viewer) the Fenris and Aeolus. In the "Render View" box, check then uncheck "No Normal Maps" and see if anything changes. Make sure you are looking at LOD 0. Cannot recall the full list of ships that have normal maps, but the ones off the top of my head that do are: Aeolus, Fenris, Loki, Myrmidon.

Also, make sure -normal is part of your command line in the launcher6.ini.

Also, if you have severe modifications to the vp files, you may or may not get the intended results. I didn't see the Normal Map on the Loki until I switched the POF and textures that I was using because the loki I _was_ using somehow got replaced by the one in DaBrains test vps.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Hmm i think i have sort of similar problem like Tura has...

Relevant section
Code: [Select]
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1024x768 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor     : NVIDIA Corporation
  OpenGL Renderer   : GeForce 6600 GT/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!
  OpenGL Version    : 2.0.3

Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".

Compiling shader ->  b-vert.sdr / b-frag.sdr ...
  Shader failed to link...
Vertex info
-----------
(18) : error C5051: profile does not support conditional returns
(33) : error C5051: profile does not support conditional returns
Fragment info
-------------
(23) : error C5051: profile does not support conditional returns

Shader in_error!  Disabling GLSL!
  Max texture units: 4 (4)
  Max elements vertices: 4096
  Max elements indices: 4096
  Max texture size: 4096x4096

GeForce 6600GT
Forceware 93.71
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Why don't you try ForceWare 163.71?

I know the new Control Panel sucks donkey dong but it might still be worth a try if it would make this work... although, 93.71 should be new enough to support GLSL anyway.

...I myself have started using NVidia's Quadro drivers on my card. They give better Direct3D performance for some absurd reason (ForceWare drivers cause some anomalous stuttering on many games even though the frame rate is good) and the latest ForceWare was giving me really strange video errors (the image being almost completely black and only the parts with extreme contrast visible - almost like viewing a sharpen mask but not quite) after some time of using the PC, and only restarting it took it away...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
i'm using the new omega drivers, so old drivers wouldnt be the cause of my problem.  do you have any ideas for me?
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Why don't you try ForceWare 163.71?

I know the new Control Panel sucks donkey dong but it might still be worth a try if it would make this work... although, 93.71 should be new enough to support GLSL anyway.

That's what I'm running, since they seem to be the only stable drivers that I've gotten that don't crap out on me every other game I play.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Hmm i think i have sort of similar problem like Tura has...

<--snip-->

GeForce 6600GT
Forceware 93.71
That's a known driver bug, you'll have to upgrade to something newer.  NVIDIA somehow managed to break GLSL support in the 93.xx series.  :rolleyes: