Author Topic: Diaspora Mission Designer  (Read 9090 times)

Diaspora Mission Designer

Im having trouble with the Diaspora Mission Designer. everytime I try to add a Heavy raider in the mission Im creating, It keeps crashing and a message box opens up saying freespace 2 open has encountered a problem. How can I fix this so the Mission designer can run Smoothly?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Diaspora Mission Designer
Have you installed the 1.0.3 patch?

If so, run the debug version of the mission designer (you'll find it in your Diaspora folder) and post the FRED2_open.log that you'll find in your data folder afterwards.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Here it is I hope this is the right one?

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Protecting the 12 Colonies mission.fs2 is much too long a filename. I did warn about being over 27 characters in the Walkthrough if I remember correctly. Fix that and then try it again as it seems to be causing a cascade of failures.

I actually resaved it as testmission_2 can I delete Protecting the 12 colonies?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'd advise doing that if you have backed it up.

Now Im having trouble opening the saved Fred file I saved, attached is the Fred2 open file. is it the name should I rename the file to something shorter?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I noticed you are using an Intel Graphics based machine and you haven't turned off shaders, I'm somewhat surprised the game even ran for you.

As for the mission, I can't see any indications of trouble in the log, can you post the mission itself please? All names for missions must be 27 characters or less though (31 with the .fs2).

how do I turn off the Shaders? and here is the game file.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
In the launcher go to advanced settings -> Troubleshoot -> Disable GLSL (Shader) support. Save that and when FRED Launches it will use the same settings.

As for the mission, there's nothing wrong with it I can detect so the issue seems to be with your FRED setup.

Sorry I sent you the wrong mission I saved here is the current mission. my apologies this is the correct one.

In my last post I sent the corrected file. the other one I showed you was the wrong one.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That one still loads fine for me. Have you turned off Shaders like I suggested earlier?

yes I turned off shaders, however I still can't open the saved file in Mission designer. I still get that message box saying Fred2 open has stopped working.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The odd thing is that you're getting a crash that isn't being reported by the log. It's business as usual and then the log just ends.

Do other missions work?

no when I try to open the test mission that I created in the quick start guide, that missions dosn't open either. I can play both missions in game, but I can't open the file in mission designer. this started when I was following the full walkthrough guide in creating the Persephone mission. I got all the way up to the part where I had to add four heavy raiders to the game when I was finished with that task I tried to save it and that when the problem started. I would hate to have to do it all over because Iv gotten so far in building this mission.

you know what, I just going to have to start from scatch because this is annoying, I hate to have to do this but Im going to delete this file and just recreate the mission all over again from scatch.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Don't delete it. The mission is just a text file. Open it in Notepad and see if anything looks funny.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
In the FREDdocs folder you'll find another copy of the tutorial mission. See if it will open that.

OK, Here is another File i saved, I think I discovered the problem I just don't know how to fix it. so I started from sratch, and everything was going fine  when I was creating the mission but when I got up to the part where I had to bring In four Heavy Raiders, that when my problem started. I think it might be something with the Heavy Raiders Im not sure. here is my saved file again. Im still having the same issue trying to open the file in Mission designer, I keep getting that annoying box that says FRED 2 Open has stopped working.  Im sorry to annoy you with this I just want this to work so I can enjoy the game.