Author Topic: SH Gargant?  (Read 138590 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well in any case, I think that the GTVEA will think of something.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Suicide!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Something that helps them survive. :P

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Delayed suicide?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The story/universe is original, and most of the stuff in it. Though certain parts can be considered similar due to it being realistic, their origin, idea, use and look is unique. Sorry, won't PM details, because I keep it very secret. The story/universe was being developed by me for a long time, and is very precious to me. I just don't want to share info about it until I finish it.  ;)

A shame.

Well, you sound a bit pretentious, I gotta say, but I trust your skillz. I just hope the universe has merit beyond its ability to destroy everybody else.

Just keep in mind that feedback is a really important part of the creative process. You don't want to go to all that effort and then find you've missed something critical.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Of course, it is more than just beating everything. And I'm taking the real world and other sci-fis to see if I missed anything. But creating original content, not copying anything. Just looking if I missed anything important. That you can be assured ;)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well, science fiction is dying -- so if you've got something fresh and new, by all means, please get it out there! It's sad to see the field decaying.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I'm waiting for the right moment, and a certain level of 'complete'.

As for science fiction dieing, I got only 2 suggestions:
1. Let's advertise FS2 SCP. Not only as an amazing game with an incredible and unique story/universe, but also as a game engine of endless possibilities.
2. HLP members create a story/universe/movie/book together, that brings new life to sci-fi. Something that could give some interest to other people.

But those are just my suggestions. The 1st option is easy. And as for the 2nd, I'm thinking of writing FS2 as a book/long story when I'm on free time.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
1. Let's advertise FS2 SCP. Not only as an amazing game with an incredible and unique story/universe, but also as a game engine of endless possibilities.
Someone (not me, I'd mess it up somehow :P) e-mail X-Play.
2. HLP members create a story/universe/movie/book together, that brings new life to sci-fi. Something that could give some interest to other people.
*looks for ambition* nope nothing.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm waiting for the right moment, and a certain level of 'complete'.

As for science fiction dieing, I got only 2 suggestions:
1. Let's advertise FS2 SCP. Not only as an amazing game with an incredible and unique story/universe, but also as a game engine of endless possibilities...

[snip]

But those are just my suggestions. The 1st option is easy. And as for the 2nd, I'm thinking of writing FS2 as a book/long story when I'm on free time.

I'm afraid that FS2 falls firmly into the category of military space opera. While space opera sells to a reliable audience, it is not likely to explode, and it's considered a stale, overdone genre.

Science fiction seems to be gradually bleeding into the mainstream, maturing itself, and thereby vanishing. It started with cyberpunk in the 80s and it hasn't stopped since. The big SF products these days are summer blockbusters, comics, media tie-in novels -- and, of course, games. Original written material is slowly dwindling away.

It's become so difficult to write crisp, relevant, believable SF set anywhere in the future. No one can predict what life will be like in thirty years, let alone three thousand. The task is insurmountable, and people are starting to realize it.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Well in any case, I think that the GTVEA will think of something.

Alpha 1!!!

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Please, Everyone knows that when Command tries to pull that one, Alpha 1 is always playing for the other side. Remember DEM?
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

<---
the title says it all
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 02:13:03 pm by Titan »
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline starlord

I think I recall someone mentionning a shivan ship called the behemoth (possibly the biggest). However, I have no clue as to how we can determine the strength of the shivan armada when we don't even know the extent of their territory or their motive.

However, I hope/pray/trust/implore/wish that one day we will see a gargant destroyed in one campaign (someone mentionned trying to implement descent style gameplay into freespace in order to destroy uber ships from the inside. if I recall well, twisted infinities proposed those kind of missions.).

One thing I would like to see also would be a vinashaak. and of course one day, a version of what could be the last fight against the shivans and eventually their ultimate destruction (even if it's to remain a "non cannon" tale, since not made by V and all that).

The Last Battle against the Shivans™ can't be made without the BoE-Syndrome. Now combine 3.6.10 VPs with BoE-Syndrome: Lagfest on anything lesser then a pretty ubermonster gaming machine.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Combine the Bigg battles from the Following
EarthMinbari War/Dilgar War/Shadow War/Drakh War/Both EA Civil War (2nd one refered to in Deconstuction of Falling Stars) > Babylon5
All big battles from the Star Wars films
The dominion War + Battle of Wolf 359 + Battle of Sector 001 (ST First Contact) from Star Trek
The Time War (Doctor Who)
And that will be the scale of The Last Battle Against the ShivansTM

In the words of Dr Leonard H. McCoy, Son of David McCoy: "we're talking about universal armageddon"

Youd need a whole floor of servers to deal with the lag
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

I always thought that the conflict with the Shivans would end with a peaceful resolution, FS2 seemed to imply that

Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
In what way?
"We're sealing off teh nodules so you can't come and killz us HAHA!"
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

In the way that the GTVA doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of defeating the Shivans militarily?

Just a tenth of the Sath fleet could have walked all over the GTVA, and I refuse to believe that the Sath fleet was their entire military. Basically: they outnumber us a thousand to one, and no matter how good a fighter you are, you simply can't beat that.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"