Author Topic: HLPX-COM: You're All Dying For Your Planet, Right Here!  (Read 118895 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Re: HLPX-COM: You're All Dying For Your Planet, Right Here!
Has to be version 9.7 (latest version)

Yeah, I've tried. It even asks you if you want to use it, and it doesn't work.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Are we still selling Laser Rifles?

Never sold Laser Rifles, selling Laser Cannons.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ah.  I must've misread.  :ick:  Sorry.  And, I haven't personally got 9.7 working with Extender, but I'll give it a go in the next day or so.  It is supposed to be one of the new features of 9.7 though.  Are you using the 9.7 release version or beta?  http://www.bladefirelight.com/  if you are using beta and need release.

Also might be to do with DOSBox version being out of date (heard mention of that as possible contributing factor to another error) Steam uses DOSBox 0.72; latest version is 0.74 (You can also use D-Fend Reloaded 1.3 to automatically (using lists of compatible settings that work with certain games) and easily configure most DOSBox Settings.

EDIT: FYI, D-Fend Reloaded 1.3 comes with DOSBox 0.74 included, as well as FreeDOS 1.1

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Although the utilities and extenders have some nice stuff, like being able to save loadouts between missions, they're not necessary to enjoy the game.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Yeah I'm not using them right now.  I want to, but I'm kind of afraid it might bork my install or saved games (not supposed to, and it's easy to fix borked install, but still... well, I suppose I should back up my game folder first before trying to mod it).

Oh, BTW, if any of you happen to actually download D-Fend 1.3, try going to Profile > Download packages

Then click the tab you want (say, Icons, or Auto setup templates {these let you autoconfigure many games}) then hit "Update lists"

;)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Although the utilities and extenders have some nice stuff, like being able to save loadouts between missions, they're not necessary to enjoy the game.

Yep. In fact I'd suggest avoiding some of the stranger features of them the first few times you play through X-COM. The bug fixes are nice, but you always need a few vanilla playthroughs before trying out mods.  :nod:

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Squad 2 now attacks the Supply Ship.

The tank takes a lot of fire in the first three turns, somewhere between six and nine rounds. (After a certain point I stopped counting because I was praying to the Random Number God.) Flipside is directed to hug the UFO to prevent its destruction after spotting an alien for the flying suits. The ship is quite large and may be the largest craft we've assaulted.

More fire coming in, but little of it impacts. Shades of Shanghai and the mission against an Abductor where Headdie was killed. Batutta, moving out to find the source, takes a Heavy Plasma round in the chest that breaches his armor. Droid803 fires six rounds but misses the alien. Battuta, still reeling, manages to get off an auto burst that kills it. Alex Heartnet renders first aid while Mjn.Mixael covers them.

Several more aliens take shots at the northern group. Most are at swashmebuckle, who has plasma rounds pass mere centimeters in front of his face twice. Veers and Hades both return a round; Veers misses, but Hades makes a kill. Watsisname seems to be having trouble handling the missile launcher when the extra incendiary round is added and wheezes along behind as the north group advances. Veers is the next to take a Heavy Plasma, but his armor does better than Battuta's did. Another alien tries to finish him, but Hades puts a laser through its right eye before it can get its gun up to do it. Watsisname tries to get Veers to stop so he can get patched up, but Veers raises his injured arm and takes another shot that kills the alien which shot him. Only then does he submit to first aid. Swashmebuckle advances into the wreckage of the alien defense. (It's worse than it looks, as there's another corpse just out of view in the dark below the soldier inventory button.)

The southern group, which hasn't faced resistance for a few turns, spots an alien ducking in out of cover around the edge of the ship. Mjn.Mixael fires a heavy missile into the ground to splash the explosion around the corner and remove the alien before it starts shooting. Droid confirms its demise.

A pair of doors are located and the team prepares to assault them. Swashmebuckle and Droid breech, swash encountering one Floater and killing it. As expected, the power systems have blown out. They were all the bottom floor, which is a complete wreck.

Droid discovers his lift doesn't stop on the second floor heads up to the third, killing an alien who was trying to camp the elevator. The northern team finds their lift stops at the second and goes no higher, so they secure the elevator room and prepare to breach the doors leading out.

The destruction of the ship's powerplant caused massive damage on the second floor as well, punching a number of holes in it. I honestly can't remember if that room in the center there is supposed to have a floor, but I'm pretty sure the holes outside it aren't supposed to be there.

Droid803 meets an alien and kills it. No more rookie status for him.

An alien on the top floor, a Navigator, works up his nerve to go through a door and attack Alex Heartnet. Or tries to. Instead failed his panic check, spun around in place a bunch leaving his back to the door, and dropped his gun. Alex then opened the door on our turn and killed the Floater.

Mission Complete, and a “well done” to Squad Two in general and the north team (esarai, Hades, Watsisname, swashmebuckle, and Veers)  in particular for this one. They faced exceptionally stiff resistance, assaulting an unfamiliar UFO in the dark, and took no losses.

Unfortunately, our taking down this many UFOs has upset the aliens. A battleship on a Retaliation mission has been spotted inbound to Area 51, which has an exceptionally bad layout for defense. Happy fun times ahead!

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Batutta, moving out to find the source, takes a Heavy Plasma round in the chest that breaches his armor. Droid803 fires six rounds but misses the alien. Battuta, still reeling, manages to get off an auto burst that kills it. Alex Heartnet renders first aid

alex. alex. you have such beautiful eyes. i have killed in anger. i am a sinner. are you an angel, alex. please forgive me

Unfortunately, our taking down this many UFOs has upset the aliens. A battleship on a Retaliation mission has been spotted inbound to Area 51, which has an exceptionally bad layout for defense. Happy fun times ahead!

karma, *****es! that's karma! karma, karma, karma! trying so hard, you get karma, team one!

i hope you're okay. i am going to do a line for you.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:12:02 pm by General Battuta »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
coketutta is credit to team.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

They are coming this way! **** **** ****! Red alert, raise shields, prepare to defend me!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Do aliens suffer a contact high when they try to use Psi to control coketutta?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Aliens inbound? Is our Skyranger back to base yet?
Don't tell us hte aliens will find the bease without a proper defense squad!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Just give them all your kitten flavoured cookies and bosch beer! That should buy you some time.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
No worries, Deploy ALL THE TANKS. No skyranger carrying limit for base defence right?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Don't tell us hte aliens will find the bease without a proper defense squad!

The Skyranger made it home some time before. Everyone has been issued a Heavy Plasma with three clips (counting the one in the weapon), a grenade, and a Medikit. Both the Hovertank and the older Laser Tank are active.

We expect a battleship's worth of Snakemen and probably some Chryssalids shortly.

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
aaaaaaaaaa all hands on deck all hands on deck

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Allow me to give you some music in anticipation of your *hopefully* flawless victory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8EwBTQhl3Y

Everyone, hide behind the SpzKpfWg II and SpzKpfWg III.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
aaaaaaaaaa all hands on deck all hands on deck

PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER SOLDIER!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Those are supply ships?  Jeez, my first X-COM game (that I lost because I didn't know how to win), I was taking an average of six of those a month for like four months.  Needless to say I was ****ing rolling in cash, but never figured out that capturing aliens alive was required for the game.

They were also all Snakemen ships.  I hate Snakemen.