Author Topic: Things to come...  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill

(FREDrender with flare added, nice eh?)
How do you like the omega and the Aegis sat? (also did the kestrel with flashy lights on the wings)

(NOTE: Taken before glowpoints were added)
New glow for the particle beam and the xray (not shown). Is there anyway you can get rid of the "triple" glow? It destroys the effect I want.

Anyhoo the next thing I need to do is add the "runway" light posts and add the lights to the Omega. :D

Last thing:
I was thinking about 3D cockpits and it hit me, why couldn't we have the main ship body (aurora in this case) without the cockpit, and then build another ship that is just the cockpit. Then in fred you can dock the two. This would result in a 3D cockpit + a vaible way to implement fredded ejection. Cool no?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 06:56:02 pm by 944 »

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
OK, I thought this would attract a little more attention...
:nervous:

Offline Slasher

It's great someone is actually trying to glowpoint the Omega.  I started myself but the trial and error thing with the coordinates ended up taking longer than expected.  Suffice to say I have yet to even find out what the various glow point types do.  

I hope they blink when you're done. :)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Do the outside ones blink? I know the runway ones do (please make a version of the omega with the little runway probes and the girders, if not I'll have to do it.... :nervous: )
I made the kestrel lights blink on and off. If you use Aurora, its pretty easy to do glowpoints. BTW you like the beamglow?

EDIT: What do you think of my 3d cockpit/ejection system idea?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 01:36:54 am by 944 »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Glowpoints needs to be added to existing models, R2 models (might) have been updated at some point.

Beamglows have been done by Lightspeed and they're good too. Not that yours is bad but since they're done...

I think SCP already has partial 3d cockpit code done but I have no idea how well it works if at all. However, cockpits are not of very high priority at all. As far as I know, most players are switching cockpits off in games which have cockpits anyway so whats the point to do hard work that barely gets used?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 01:31:37 am by 173 »

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
It would get used.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Oh, can I get a list and reference pics of ships that need glowpointing. (working on Nova already)

BTW: That Omega sports new maps and (improved color) glowmaps that get rid of the old mapped 2d lights and are replaced by the glowpoints you see.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
In many cases you'll be working on out of date pofs here Deepblue.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Thats too bad. Release the new ones!!!11122
EDIT: The Omega been replaced yet?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 09:12:35 am by 944 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Dunno. Probably. It was supposed to be going in for a smoothing/facet facelift.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
While there at it, give it the runway light posts. So I can add flashy lights to the ends.

Offline Edwin

cool.

and the escape-pod idea, been thought f but failed due to the hampering of manueverability of docked ships, maybe SCP can fix that for us?

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
That looks great with them glow points.
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I like your FRED render. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Thanks.

So do I. :D

Offline -Norbert-

I like the cockpit/escape pod idea.
But I thought ships can only dock with only one other object (or is that already figured out?). So this would be make it impossible to rearm.
But since you mainly fight with primarys I would rather have the cockpit than the possibility to rearm.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
PreAKs working on 3d cockpits so that idea is out of date