Author Topic: Insanity or Absurdity  (Read 2086 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Insanity or Absurdity
http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=3554

Falsified information, or mental illness? You decide!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: Insanity or Absurdity
I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you referring to the seeming indication that people can stomach grinding for a period of time?  I fail to see how that would qualify for either.

This would make more sense if an overwhelming majority of those polled picked the top option.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
How much game would be left if you didn't have to kill all the critters in the Hyrule Field analog every time you want to go anywhere?  :p

I admit I'm probably also fairly ambivalent about the Anon Baddies/Checkpoint Guerrillas/Crazy Critters, sure they can be a pain sometimes but depending on the gameplay, coming up with create ways of laying waste to them can be pretty fun.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I went with the last option myself, and I'm surprised that even the first scored higher than it.  I guess we progression-minded gamers are a small minority. :p

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
mental illness?

Definitely. Get your head checked.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you referring to the seeming indication that people can stomach grinding for a period of time?  I fail to see how that would qualify for either.

I suppose that I should have clarified, I'm refering to those who chose the first option. The rest of the options are meaningless to my point.

--

mental illness?

Definitely. Get your head checked.

Touché.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Hey, if you want to check out what the lowest common denominator thinks, that's your problem. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I must admit, grinding could never be my 'favourite' part of a game, but I understand why it's there, and don't mind doing it if it's done well. In fact, if it's done well enough it's possible to forget you are actually grinding.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
I'd prefer the true "run faster than the player" critters be few and far between. I'd prefer something like a distraction-bomb to having to fight every half-arsed creature there is. Reminds me of the old FF's; running is difficult.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I heard someone's making an mmo called "LevelGrind Online" as a parody of this phenomenon.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I heard someone's making an mmo called "LevelGrind Online" as a parody of this phenomenon.

That was already done. Let me see if I can find a link.... Ah, here it is.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
That too.

But "LevelGrind Online" actually (I think) is/was going to make you do the work, instead of just waiting for progress bars to fill up.